VI. Oh Eli

[chapter 6]

Eileanoir

I wake up in a cage. A fucking cage. I groan in annoyance as i slowly get up. Ellie is by my side. She seems okay, thankfully.

I look out of the cage and see a man chopping down something. Then my heart drops. A human corpse. He's chopping up a human corpse.

I stumble back and gasp, alerting the man. He looks at me, disgusted, and walks away.

"Eli." Ellie breathes as she wakes up. "Hey." I quickly say before i walk up to the cage door. Ellie gets up and we both try to ram the cage open.

"How are you girls feeling?" Davids voice suddenly asks. I scoff.

"Super." Ellie says sarcastically. David walks closer to the cage and i see a tray in his hand. "Here."

It's food. Soup. He slides it from under the door. "You should eat. I know you're hungry. Been out for quite some time."

I look at him with a disgusted look on my face.

Ellie seems to do the same. "What is it?" He looks down at the food. "It's deer."

"With some human helping on the side?" I sass and David laughs. "No. It's just the deer meat."

Ellie squints her eyebrows. "You're a fucking animal." And we start gobbling down the soup.

David bends down to the floor. "That's awfully quick to judgement. Considering you and your friends killed, how many men?"

I shake my head. "They didn't give us a choice."

David smiles. "And you think we have a choice, is that it? You kill to survive... So do we. We have to take care of our own. By any means necessary."

I breathe out deeply. "So now what?"

"You gonna chop us up into tiny pieces?" He laughs. "I'd rather not. Please tell me your names."

Ellie pushes the tray back to him and stands up. "You're so full of shit."

"On the contrary. I've been ah, been quite honest with you girls. Now i think it's your turns. It's the only way im gonna be able to convince the others." He waves his hand towards the door.

"Convince them of what?" I step forward, holding the door of the cage.

"That you girls, you can come around. You two have heart. You're loyal. And you're special, special little girls." He steps closer and grabs our hands through the cage.

I decide to play along his sick game. I innocently look him in the eye. "Oh." I breathe.

"Could you... Could you protect me?" I ask sweetly. He smiles. "Of course, darling."

"What are you doing?" Ellie asks, terrified. I only share a short glance with her and then go back to David. "I want to be safe."

"No, Eli-!" David opens the cage and let's me out but pushes Ellie back.

"You'll come around like-" "Eli. I'm Eli."

"-like Eli here, did." He snickers and we start walking away. But not before i mouth to Ellie;

"I'll come back for you."