1: Transfer Student

The alarm on my phone went off, indicating that it was seven o'clock in the morning. I yawned out of exhaustion and slowly got up, stretching my arms in the process. I dismissed it and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

Monday. One of the least anticipated days of the week. I don't know why but I just hate Mondays, I guess because it's the start of school week. I don't know. It's just that this day usually goes by so slow that I'm pretty sure when compared to a snail, the latter is faster.

Applying a thin layer of lip gloss, I slid it into my school bag and ran downstairs for some breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and I wasn't at all surprised to see my very annoying brother cooking up a batch of pancakes. Seriously, the only thing that I appreciate is his cooking skills. His food is finger-licking delicious.

I took a seat on the dining table and observed him. He was almost done as he poured in the last amount of batter into the pan. I took out my phone from my pocket and checked the time. Luckily for me, I was still on time.

“Good morning, little one~” My brother ruffles my hair as he set a plate of pancakes in front of me. I frowned. He just ruined my hair!!

“How many times have I told you not to call me 'little one'? You know my name!” I huffed and stood up to grab the syrup from the cabinet before returning to my chair. I squeezed some of the chocolate syrup onto my stack of pancakes and boy did it look good.

Taking the fork that was placed on my left side, I dug into the chocolate glazed pancakes and moaned in satisfaction as the flavours mixed into my mouth. The pancakes were so soft. I hadn't even realized that my brother slipped into the chair next to me until he says, “You know, you look weird with your eyes rolling to the back of your head and stop moaning, it doesn't sound good at all.”

I stopped stuffing my mouth with food and glared at him. He just sat there, flashing me a smile and went back to eating. I did the same, excluding the smiling, I wasn't smiling at all.

I stood up and placed my dirty dishes in the sink before grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. Just as I was heading towards the front door, my brother shouted.

“Leaving without a goodbye, Missy?! Alright!” He slumped on his chair and kept a frown on his face, resulting in his lips forming a pout. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him as he stood up and engulfed me in a hug. My head pressed against his hard chest and arms around his torso, I hugged him back. He pulled away and looked down at me, smiling. Why is he so tall?

“Have fun at school, little one!” he shouted once more as I ran to the front door. I looked back and smiled before waving at him and disappearing.

-

As I was walking through the hallways, I came across my best friend who was standing near my locker. She waved once she saw me and I rushed towards her, pulling her into a hug.

“OMG!! We look like twins!” Keisha squealed. I didn't understand what she meant until I glanced at both our outfits. She wore a denim jacket, white t-shirt, denim skirt, black tights and a pair of black boots like me. I smiled.

“Such a coincidence.”

“I know, right?”

We laughed until a certain voice cooed behind us. We both turned at the same time.

“Hey girls,” the masculine voice greeted. He approached us and hugged us both.

“Hey Raymond,” I greeted back as Keisha waved at him.