22: Hospital

Jake sat on one of the chairs in the waiting room with his head in his hands. His heart felt heavy. He had this sudden urge to pull his hair from his scalp. He felt extremely exhausted as he let out a tired sigh.

He had been there for an hour and there was still no sign from the surgery room. Elena was immediately taken there once they arrived and the doctor said that it might be a life or death situation depending on how big and deep the wound is.

He silently prayed for his best friend to make it through the surgery. He definitely did not want to deal with the pain of losing a loved one ever again.

While he was deep in his thoughts, the other two friends walked into the hospital. They shivered once they entered, feeling a bit scared of what awaited them inside. They walked to the reception and the receptionist gave them directions to where Elena had been taken in after they explained.

Once they were done, they took an elevator to the designated floor. In there, Ethan began trembling. Not from the cool breeze that blew around him but from fear. He was terrified of what was going to happen. He wasn't being negative or anything but he kept asking himself the 'what if' question. He feared the worst that could happen.

The elevator stopped and they walked out. Shawn led the way as Ethan trailed behind, biting his bottom lip. When they turned the corner, soft but loud whimpers filled their ears. As they got closer, they noticed a man wiping his tears hastily. He sniffled and turned to face the two men.

Jake was never one to cry but when it came to Elena, he was the most vulnerable man ever. So it wasn't a big of a surprise to Shawn and Ethan when they saw his tear-stained cheeks. They sat on the remaining seats and held Jake who cried uncontrollably.

He began yelling and the men did nothing about it. All they could do was stay by his side and comfort him as much as they could.

They were as broken but decided to keep it in for their friend.

-

A couple of hours later, the door to the surgery room opened revealing the surgeon. The boys had fallen asleep while hugging each other but when they heard the clicking sound of the door, they stirred from their sleep and Jake stood up swiftly.

The surgeon was smiling inside his mask, secretly admiring the men who had stayed there almost the whole day just to see the patient. He informed them of her state, stating that her injury was just small and that she just lost a little amount of blood which is a good thing. He told them that she was going to be fine as long as she took the medicine they prescribed for her.

The surgeon along with other doctors, moved Elena from the surgery room to another room where they won't interfere with other surgeries. The men entered once it was all settled and watched over Elena who was sleeping soundly. Ethan's heart ached at the sight of her. She looked peaceful yet disturbed as her brows furrowed.