16: Lamar Is A Jerk

I woke up to the sound of my freaking loud alarm. I hit the dismiss button and sprang out of bed. Quickly, I made it and walked over to the bathroom to freshen up. When I was done, I opened the wardrobe doors and looked through the closet.

Jake got my clothes yesterday and said that I could use his closet while he used the guest room's closet. Honestly, I don't know how I was able to be friends with him. I don't deserve him. He's too kind.

I picked out an outfit to wear then walked into the shower. After I was done, I ran downstairs with a packed bag slung over my shoulder. When I reached the kitchen, I slung the bag on the chair and sat down. Jake served me some chocolate glazed waffles and sat on his chair.

He wore a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket and some black timberland boots. His black hair covered his eyebrows as he looked at his food. I tried not to stare too much and focused on my food. I sipped my tea and took a bite of the waffles until I was done.

I washed my dishes and waited as Jake passed me his and washed them too. He grabbed his bag from his chair and shoved his phone in his pocket. I wiped my hands with the dishcloth and followed close behind with the bag slung over my shoulder.

Getting into the car, Jake drove. I looked out the window with my head in my palm. I never knew that this four-day holiday would just finish like that. A lot happened in those four days. Some of which I never wanted to happen. It was tough but here I am, smiling through all of it.

When the car halted, I got off and waited for Jake to park. While he was gone, I walked closer to the school gates and saw all the other teenagers arriving until my eyes stopped on a familiar one. When he got closer, I waved at him but what shocked me was that he just scoffed, rolled his eyes and walked away.

I felt a tug at my chest as I watched him walk inside. A tear rolled down my cheek.

Lamar...what did I do?

I huffed and aggressively wiped the stray tear before turning to see Jake approaching me. He linked our arms and together, we walked into hell.

-

The day ended rather fast. It was as if it was chased by a hungry animal or that someone decided to forward time but either way, I was happy. I packed my books and waited for my two friends to finish packing theirs. Too bad the universe doesn't want me to be happy. Lamar bumped into my shoulder before leaving. I felt pain but hid it when anger took over.

I ran out of the class, ignoring my friends' calls and stood in front of the angry bird. I poked his chest and he glared at me.

"Who do you think you are trying to ruin my mood, huh?" I asked with annoyance as I continued poking his chest. He grabbed my finger and threw it at me. I glared at him.

"I'm sorry. I ruined the Queen's mood. Would you like me to fix it?" he mocked and walked away but I grabbed his wrist. He wiggled it out of my grasp and crossed his arms against his chest.