23: Lamar's Painful Past

"I DO NOT KNOW WHY I HAVE A SON IF HE CANNOT EVEN TAKE UP THE POSITION IN THIS FAMILY BUSINESS!! YOU HAVE ONE JOB! ONE JOB! AND THEN YOU TELL ME THAT YOU DON'T WANT IT?! SO WHAT?" the older shouted at the top of his lungs as he pointed the boy who had his head lowered.

"AS LONG AS YOU'RE A CLARK, YOU ARE TO BECOME A CEO, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!! DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU WANT TO BE THOSE TYPICAL TEENAGERS THAT FOLLOW THEIR DREAMS AND WHATNOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!! IN FACT, YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU HAVE YOUR FUTURE SORTED!!" the man continued then flicked the boy's forehead before walking past him.

"You ungrateful pig!" he commented before closing the door shut.

The boy fell on his knees and began crying. He just wanted a normal life. A life where he didn't have to be told what to do. A life that he could make on his own. A life where he decided what to do. A life that would be happy. All he wanted was to follow his dream of dancing but he couldn't.

He couldn't because of his father and his stupid legacy.

'As long as you're a Clark, you are to become a CEO. Blah blah blah...'

He mocked in his head, feeling anger boil within him. He thought about all those times when his 'father' actually behaved like a father and not the devil he is right now. Those times when he showered him with love and affection and treated him like a son. He thought that maybe he would listen to him. Maybe if he was a good father, he would consider his dream of being a dancer. But no, he isn't what he thought he was and probably never will be as he proved that he indeed is a monster against his dream.

The boy stood up and wiped his tears before climbing onto the bed. It hurt him that his own parent would refuse such a thing. It hurt that he didn't care so fresh tears took the place of the old ones. He sniffled while crying into the pillow, trying so hard not to make a sound.

As much as he was still a kid and was allowed to cry, he didn't want to seem weak in front of his father. He didn't want to seem defeated in his eyes.

But before he could do anything, the door opened revealing the only woman that cared about him. She locked the door before sitting on the bed beside the boy that had just finished getting rid of his tears.

The woman sighed and wrapped her arms around the boy, giving him comfort. He sniffled once more as tears filled his eyes. He allowed them to fall onto the woman's shoulder. She patted his back as he cried.

"Aww, my little Lamar," she cooed, feeling her own eyes getting teary at her own son shedding tears on her. She almost whimpered when she heard him hiccup. She imagined all the pain he was feeling just because of her husband. She wanted to take it away but she couldn't and instead shed a few tears with her son.

"Mom, why can't dad be like you? Why can't he care for me like the way you do? D-Does he...not love me?" he whimpered and looked up at his mother.