Fourteen - The Bare Minimum

Song Of The Chapter || All I Need - Hannah Georgas

𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄

After a quick walk to Northwest Street and a walk up two flights of stairs, Rhys swings open the door to his place.

His place is huge. It's bigger than mine. And he has it all to himself. I've never hated him more until this very moment.

"Make yourself at home." He says, motioning to the maroon couch which is facing a TV. There's a dark wooden coffee table in front of it with an old rug under it. Behind that is a kitchen with an island in the center. Wooden cabinets span over the kitchen. "I just gotta grab something real quick. Bathrooms right there if you need to use it." he adds. Rhys points to a door in one corner of the apartment before disappearing into the other one and shutting the door behind him. I take my bag and set it down on the couch, blankets are strewn about all over the place. I look over at the coffee table and where a couple of books are. I would make a joke about Rhys' reading capabilities if he were in the room. But since he wasn't, I scan the books.

The Highlights: The Go-To Hockey Playbook

The Ultimate CookBook For Hockey Players

Miracle In The Making: How I Made It To The Frozen Four

All hockey, day in and day out. I guess it was somewhat similar with Garrett, Lucas, and Nick. They've always had their eyes on the prize ever since middle school. But even then, they had other interests. Nick loved literature, especially Jane Austen novels (I threaten to kill anyone that makes fun of him for it). Lucas is obsessed with video games, but specifically how they're made. He can go into whole tangents about the design process. Garrett is always going on some sort of hike or trying to do some grand nature traveling scheme. He also loves reality TV now, thanks to me. I don't know if I can name a single fact about Rhys that doesn't pertain to hockey.

I glance down at my side to grab my books out of my backpack, but then I see it. A copy of Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare. The most cliche English Literature read to ever exist. It's half covered up by one of the blankets. I go to pick it up when I see something else.

It's lace.

It's pink. I go to grab it. Not my smartest idea.

When you're in the apartment of a hockey player with a reputation like Rhys Sinclair's and you see something that is pink and lace, the options of what that thing is are narrow down by a hefty margain.

It was a pink pace bra.

"Oh my gosh!" Escapes my lips as I drop the garment back onto the couch. Did he have a girl over? Were they over here earlier today? Did they have sex on the couch oh my gosh and now I'm sitting on it. That's so gross I-

The door to Rhys' bedroom swings open, he's carrying his laptop. "What's going on out here, did you say somethi-"

He eyes the pink lace bra, then looks up at me. Silence hangs in the air like a ribbon, like the lace bra was hanging from my fingertips. Damnit, stop thinking about the bra!

"Oh. That's still there." He says with a tense demeanor.

"Whose is that?" I question, my eyes darting between him and the article strewn out on the couch.

He takes a deep breath, like he's preparing himself for however I'll respond to what he says.

"It's Addison's."