Sixteen - Want

Song Of The Chapter || Call Me What You Like (Acoustic) - Lovejoy 

𝐑𝐇𝐘𝐒

I look around my room, it's dark. The lamp on my bedside brings a faint glow into the room, but not much more. It must have been a while since Annie left. I don't get to think about how long I've been asleep. My attention is brought to someone knocking on my bedroom door.

Strange. I thought. No one else lives here.

I stiffen up at the realization.

No one else lives here. But someone is here.

In my half groggy state I tend to make dumb decisions. Apperarntly that dumb decision making skill applies to a possible intruder in my apartment. Then again, I don't think an intruder would knock. I call out. "Who is it?

"Can I come in?" The voice on the other side of the door calls out.

I know that voice. I spoke to that voice tonight.

Annie.

"Annie?" I call out.

"Great deduction skills, Sherlock." I hear her scoff on the other side of the door.

Yep. Definitely Annie.

Without waiting for my answer, the door opens. It's dark in the living room of my apartment, so only the dim lamp light on the other side of the room illuminates her.

I see her, and it all comes flooding back.

We studied here tonight.

There was a misunderstanding.

I pinned her to the wall.

I pinned her to the fucking wall.

Holding her there was like being trapped in a vortex. I should have let her go when she tried to go. I'm surprised she didn't hit me then and there. I wouldn't have blamed her in the long run. But trapping her in, it was like having lightning in a bottle. Electric, alive, bright, and dangerous. Dangerous is the word I would use to describe Annie Calloway.

Inches away from her face. Each freckle like a spark burned into her face, like a million little explosions. Steel blue looked at me with a pulsating energy. Electric. Like lightning.

I couldn't help myself, I looked at her lips. If only for a second, but it was enough,

Lightning was dangerous.

I wanted to be struck.

"Are you thinking about it?" Annie asks, she takes a step into the room.

"Thinking about what?" I deny. There's no chance that the "it" she's thinking about is my same "it". I was thinking about the way she chews on her bottom lip.

Searching for answers, and eager to deflect, I prop myself up so I'm sitting upright on the bed. "How did you get in here?"

"You left the door unlocked, smartass." Annie replies with a low laugh. It's a sweet sound that my half asleep brain could get used to. Then her laugh stops, she looks at me, but not at my eyes. Below them,

I'm shirtless.

I forgot I slept shirtless.

Her eyes are trained on me like a hawk.

I know I'm not a bad looking guy. I'd go as far as to say I'm a guy that gets approached by women a lot due to my looks. But the way I'm feeling as Annie's gaze locks in on me, you'd think that I'd never had someone stare at me in my life. It feels like electricity pulsing under my skin, ready to electrocute me at any moment.