Chapter 14

The air crackled with playful suspicion as Jimin, ever the mischievous one, cornered Jungkook in the practice room. "Spill the tea, Kookie," he teased, his eyes sparkling with curiosity. "How was your 'reunion' with Seokjin hyung? Did sparks fly? Did you confess your undying love?"

Jungkook's cheeks flushed a deep crimson. "Hyung, it was just dinner," he protested, his voice betraying a hint of nervousness. "We haven't seen each other in ages, so we just caught up."

Jimin raised an eyebrow, his grin widening. "Catching up involves ice cream in the dead of night, does it? And sharing Bungeo-ppang like it's a secret code?"

Jungkook groaned, burying his face in his hands. "Fine, maybe it was a little more than just catching up," he admitted sheepishly. "But it's complicated, Jimin. Hyung is with Taehyung, and I..." He trailed off, his words caught in his throat.

Jimin, ever the sensitive soul, patted his friend's shoulder. "Hey, I get it," he said softly. "Unrequited love is a real pain in the..." He paused, searching for a polite way to phrase it. "Let's just say it's not the most pleasant experience."

Jungkook sighed, a melancholic smile playing on his lips. "It's just... I saw a different side of Seokjin hyung tonight. He was happy, unguarded, like the old Seokjin I remember. And for a moment, it felt like..." He hesitated again, searching for the right words. "Like everything could be different."

Jimin's eyes softened with understanding. "Like you could be together," he finished, his voice barely a whisper.

Jungkook nodded, a silent agreement hanging in the air. The possibility, once a distant dream, now felt tantalizingly close, yet impossibly far away. Taehyung's presence loomed like a storm cloud, a constant reminder of the reality they couldn't escape.

"But what do I do, Jimin?" Jungkook asked, his voice laced with desperation. "He's happy with Taehyung, or at least that's what he tells himself. Should I just forget it and move on? Or...is there still a chance?"

Jimin, his ever-optimistic spirit shining through the gloom, squeezed his friend's hand. "Only you can answer that, Kookie," he said. "But remember, if you truly love him, even unrequited, it's worth fighting for. And who knows, maybe all he needs is a gentle nudge to realize what he's been missing."

A spark of hope ignited in Jungkook's eyes. He knew the path ahead wouldn't be easy. It would be fraught with challenges, doubts, and the constant shadow of Taehyung. But with Jimin's support and the faint echo of Seokjin's laughter in his heart, he was determined to fight for what he believed in.

~~~~~

The kitchen hummed with activity, Seokjin expertly swirling batter into the taiyaki mold, his face alight with creative fervor. Suddenly, Taehyung's voice cut through the air, laced with a tinge of disapproval. "Taiyaki? Really? That's not exactly 'new and creative,' hyung."

Seokjin paused, glancing at Taehyung with a bewildered frown. "But it's perfect for the next event! Sea creatures as a theme, remember? Plus, I haven't seen anyone do a Korean twist on it yet."

Taehyung scoffed, his jaw clenching. "It's just..." he paused, searching for the right words. "It's just a cheap gimmick, Seokjin. You deserve better than that."

The tension in the room thickened, hanging heavy like the batter in the mold. Just then, Tae-woo entered the kitchen, his booming voice breaking the suffocating silence. "What's all this chatter about taiyaki?"

Before Seokjin could explain, Taehyung blurted out, "It's just a ridiculous idea, Father. We shouldn't waste our time on something so...common."

Tae-woo arched an eyebrow, his gaze flitting between the two men. He noticed the tremor in Seokjin's hand, the glint of disappointment in his eyes. A sigh escaped his lips, followed by a gruff but unexpected statement. "Taehyung, let Seokjin speak. It's his project, after all."