Book Review - Things We Hide From The Light

By -Illusion-

Plot Overview

The chemistry between Lina and Nash is felt by both of them almost immediately. However, neither of them are willing to admit anything. Lina swears Nash isn't her type and Nash doesn't think he deserves her so he doesn't even try. That, and Knox forbade him from trying to go after her, though Nash isn't one to listen to Knox. He and Lina spend more time bickering than anything whenever they see each other, and both of them are hiding their secrets. Their friendship, or lack thereof up until this point, changes when Lina finds Nash going through a panic attack in their building. She takes it upon herself to guide Nash back to his apartment and help him come back down from his attack. Nash asks Lina to stay the night, and she does, but things between them get a little more complicated from then on.

As the story progresses, Nash and Lina get closer, much to her chagrin, where their friendship begins to blossom into a real relationship. Lina isn't exactly the relationship type, and after swearing Nash wasn't her type, she found herself falling for him but wouldn't even admit it to herself. In trying to help Nash recover, Lina is forced to reveal why she's really in town, throwing a wrench in her and Nash's blossoming relationship. However, as the search for Hugo continues, Nash, Lina, and the rest of the Knockmeout regulars (Knox, Lucian, Naomi and even Waylay) band together to try and find him before his henchmen come back and finish what they started.

Opinions
So there's a lot that I could say about this book. Most of which would probably have me burned at the stake by Lucy Score's devoted readers. I wanted to like this book, I really did, but it just didn't… do it for me.

The main thing that bothered me about this book was that there is literally no plot. Like, okay, I get that Duncan Hugo is still out there and all that good stuff, but really I felt like we were just aimlessly following Nash and Lina around as they pined for each other.

Although, I did love the epilogue a lot. The story as a whole just didn't do it for me. For some reason which I can't put my fingers to the chemistry between Nash and Lina wasn't that good.

All in all, I give Things We Hide From The Light four stars for the story, the continuity from the first book, and the steamy scenes between Nash and Lina.