Would You Like Your Fixing With a Side of Fighting? (34)

Nico finally got his nap.

Leo had a springy old mattress stored in the back of the shop and after he thoroughly checked it for bed bugs (Nico didn't trust a dusty old Repair Shop in the middle of Huston, who knew what was going on here when no one was there.) he fell asleep on it. Leo brought him blankets, not that he needed any, his suit was warm enough. But he appreciated the gesture nonetheless.

Nico woke up groggy yet somehow well-rested.

"What the heck is going on?" Nico grumbled as he wandered back into the main room. Leo was lying on his back, sliding out from under the Batmobile on a little slidey thingy.

"Just fixing up the axles before I set it down. Can't have it collapsing on me while I work on the engine." Leo answered, pulling off his goggles and wiping the grim on his face, smearing it down his cheeks.

"It's looking good." Nico complimented. Most of the metal had been uncrumpled, and the hood was mostly fixed, but Nico could still see a little bit of oil dripping onto the ground.

"Thanks. This thing is an absolute beast. I won't be able to make an engine equivalent to the original. But I can give you a temporary one." Leo sat up, stuffing a grease-covered wrench into his tool belt.

"Neat. Is there anything I can do to help?" Nico grabbed Leo's outstretched hand and helped him to his feet. Leo just sighed and rubbed his eyes again. Nico hoped Leo didn't get that grease in his eyes. That probably wouldn't be good.

"Can you get me another Juice box? I'm thirsty, using my fire this much is making my throat all dry." Nico nodded and turned around, his eyes scanning the ten times more cluttered workshop for a mini fridge.

It didn't take him long to find it. The white corner was peeking out through the mess. Nico cracked it open and grabbed two of the juice pouches.

"Hope you like... kiwi lime." Nico squinted at the label, crushing his dyslexia for a second before handing it to Leo.

"Eh, I prefer the mixed one but it's whatever." Nico swapped Capri Suns with Leo and stabbed the yellow straw through the wrapper.

"Repairing that thing looks rough," Nico mumbled, reaching up and deactivating his helmet.

"It's not as easy as I thought it would be. But I built a warship from a crayon drawing and dusty blueprints. I can do this."

"Yeah, you can." Nico agreed, watching as Leo took a long drink from the juice pouch. He sort of looked like he was wearing smudged eyeliner with everything that was on his face.

Nico wanted to call him emo. He really did.

"That's cheesy bro. That's really cheesy." Leo snickered. Nico rolled his eyes, taking his own sip. "But...thanks."

"How's it going?" Nico jumped and turned away from the entranceway, worried someone that wasn't supposed to see his face would catch a glimpse of it.

"Better than I hoped for, Night Bro. And dude, you should really wear a smaller mask under that helmet so you can eat and stuff." Nico blinked and turned back around, feeling a little more than relieved to see it was just Dick and Tim.

"You're probably right," Nico grumbled, ignoring the cocky grin plastered on Leo's face.

"How was your nap?" Red Robin asked. Nico shrugged.

"Helped reinvigorate my powers. Did you get one?" Both of them shook their heads. Nico gawked at them. "It's been like, over two days. How have you two not gotten sleep?"

"Training, lots and lots of training," Nightwing replied with a smirk. "Training you'll get if Batty decides you'll stay in the vigilante biz." Nico was not looking forward to that.