A-maze-ing (42)

One long shadow-travel with a very heavy suitcase later and Nico had gotten them both to Camp Jupiter. Where he immediately got Leo some medical attention. Stuffing his mouth with a square of ambrosia and wrapping his hands in bandages. Much to Leo's complaint, but he shut him down.

Leo could wait ten minutes to join the battle preparations while Nico fixed him up. He also needed to make sure that Leo was okay before he left... without Leo.

He wasn't about to let Leo risk his life, not when there was a much safer option available.

"I'm going to talk with Reyna now," Leo said the moment Nico was done wrapping his hands.

"I'll take you." He grabbed Leo's hand, took hold of the handle of the Festus-case and pulled all three of them into the shadows.

"You're here early." Reyna raised her eyebrows at the two of them. She was in the middle of a meeting with the centurions.

"We had a few... issues on our way here." Nico pushed Leo frowned, sending the suitcase rolling after him.

He sent a silent message via glare to Reyna, telling her to 'Watch him.' She nodded towards him and grabbed Leo by the shoulder, bringing him towards the planning table.

"We need to know what your arsenal is so we can properly plan defenses." Reyna pointed to the map, which had been transferred from the dining pavilion to here.

Leo was quickly absorbed into the planning, talking about the cannons and Festus, along with how they could strengthen the defenses they were already building.

Once he was sure everything was going to be okay (or as okay as things could be under a Titan attack.) he waved goodbye to Reyna, who was eyeing him. He stepped backward into the shadows, imagining the fountain he had been at earlier. He needed to talk with Chiron. The old centaur always knew what to do. And Nico needed to know what to do. With both the League and Koios' heart.

The breeze was blowing slightly harder than it had been earlier. The gusts knocked the spray of the fountain slightly off course.

Nico sighed and dug around in his utility belt, pulling out another drachma, ready to IM the camp leader.

The wind picked up a little bit and he reached up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind his ear, the tips of his fingers lightly brushing against the cool circlet still resting against his skin. His ears grew red as he thought back to the entire fiasco earlier. Leo had to save him. He should be able to save himself.

Nico shook himself out of his daze and raised the drachma, ready to toss it through the rainbow.

Son. Nico jumped, his hands flying to his now throbbing head. It felt like he was slowly being lopped in half by a dull, rusty ax. His hands ripped the circlet off of his head, relieving only some of the pain. You are pondering what to do.

I am, Father. Nico replied slowly. Hades never contacted him unless the god wanted something.

I am informing you of this only once, so pay attention. The Titan of the North fears his heart's destruction so he has departed from Delphi without it. Leaving only his wife and his closest monsters to guard it. His heart is both his greatest weakness and his greatest strength. The Titan cannot be defeated unless the heart is destroyed, but if the heart is destroyed he will fall, forever.

Nico stood there silently, trying to absorb the information. He had a sneaking suspicion about the heart before Hades told him but now he had confirmation. And it was scary.

So, the attack force for the camps must go to Delphi and destroy the heart. Getting rid of the Titan forever? He eventually replied. Hades' disappointment Nico could sense over the mental link was immense.