A Depth Into The Past

After the demonic incident, Stanley took Emerald to a special house he sealed with a spell that will never let a single demon to penetrate but ordinary mortals can enter.

 She felt lofty for being seen as the phoenix and the most intelligent student of the cultivation academy. Just as she was thinking to herself on how successful she had become, she heard a knock on the door. Knock knock knock..., came the sound from the door. Come in, she replied but was surprised to see her father. Dad! What are you doing here? I've come to take you home, this madness is enough! He stated. Why? She asked. Didn't you see how you almost got killed? What am I going to do if my daughter dies? Robert asked her. Dad I can't go back now, I am the Phoenix, everyone has confirmed it. I will make our family proud, she stated, standing her ground. Since I was little you've always cared mostly for Cynthia, why caring so much bout me now? Whaap! Came a loud slap on Emerald's face. Her dad hit her across the face . It seems you are delusional, he said angrily and stormed out of the room.

 A while later, Cynthia came around and felt sorry for her sister. She consoled her asking, did you and dad have a misunderstanding? Emerald replied saying "it's alright Cynthia everything will be good". She nodded and helped her sister wipe her tears. Emerald soliloquized saying, dad I will be the phoenix and change the way you see me and make you proud.

 Later in the evening, Robb and Linda took permissions separately and went out of the academy but planned to meet at the same place. They didn't want to be seen by anyone who knows them. As they sat down, Robb tried to pry into Linda's life in the past 10 years. I never knew you would have survived that disaster, he said. What about your mom? Linda replied and said me too, I never knew I was going to survive it. My mom is fine, Linda replied. I have a little brother that was born that was born a few months after that incident. But please promise me to keep me and my family's whereabouts secret okay? Robb nodded, then remembered something. Where is the hair band I gave you back then? Are you still with it? He was hoping Linda still valued their engagement 10 years ago.Hmmm... No I already pawned it a long time ago, Linda said. Robb nodded feeling disappointed. Uh I have to go now, I can't stay for too long. Linda stood up about to leave. Okay, be careful on the way, he said. Ok, Linda replied and left. A while later Robb stood up also and left as they both went back to the academy separately.

 On her way back to the academy, Linda recalled when she and Robb where playing in the courtyard of her family's mansion. Her and Robb's father were taking a walk around the courtyard discussing. You have done a good job in bringing up your son, he is such a good kid, Linda's father said. Hahaha, he laughed. You flatter me. Does the engagement between our children still count? Robb's father asked. We are very good friends of course we should become a family, our children should join in marriage, Linda's group father confirmed. Hahahaha the both men laughed.

 On the other side of the courtyard, Robb brought out a hair band and said, my mom said I should take very good care of you in the future. Linda smiled and Robb came forward to put it on for her. Thank you, she thanked him after he put it on her hair.

 Tears fell from her eyes as she recalled when she was tied to a stake with chains and the crowds were chanting and shouting "Witch! Witch! Witch! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! When her grandfather and father went up to save her, they were shot and killed by arrows. 

 She also recalled the time when she still held the hair band in her hand in front of the mirror, caressing it and tried to put it on her hair. Just then her mother came, snatched it from her, cut it to pieces and threw it away. You should stop thinking about him or anything concerning him, it's all in the past now, her mother said. Linda cried for sometime and just let it go. Coming back to reality, she knew she could only lie to Robb about it. It is never possible again between them. 

 Back in the academy, Stanley's brother came visiting. After talking about some brotherhood things, Stanley told him about something that has been bothering him. He said "Alfred, do you know anything about my past that I seem to have forgotten?". Alfred stuttered before answering " I don't know but do you remember anything?". I seem to always see something like a fight I couldn't fully recall and that was the fight that gave me the injury on chest, he said. And anytime the wound hurts is the exact time I start feeling dizzy and having some faint flashbacks. But Alfred denied knowing anything at all.

 Immediately after their conversation, Alfred went straight to the immortal realm and reported to the heavenly emperor what he observed. This was his real mission, not exactly helping Stanley but reporting all his actions to their father the heavenly emperor.

 Stanley could only think about the unclear but real images he saw. He saw himself fighting with someone who looked familiar but he just couldn't remember. In the fight, they both pierced themselves with their swords. The other person died while him, although he didn't die, the injury never healed. The scar it left was too big to ignore but he has never been able to know how he got the scar until he came to the Immortal Cultivation Academy as a teacher. 

 Regardless, the annual exams where kicking off the next day. Students have prepared their minds for the exams. Except Linda who knew she hadn't even made any progress. She had just decided to accept it the way it is. However, she tried hard but couldn't so her teacher decided to help her. He gave her a thousand years of cultivating out of his own 3 thousand years. As an immortal, he has lived for over 3 thousand years. 

 As the teacher of the students at the Immortal Cultivation Academy, Stanley had set the exams and kept it awaiting it's start. He set a good mental examination where the students could use some of the cultivation they have acquired and spells they learnt but he didn't include a fighting duel.

 The heavenly emperor who is so desperate in finding out the true phoenix didn't get satisfied by the exam tests, so he gave his son Alfred a test to add to it. Alfred secretly added it to the test without Stanley's consent. It was a fighting duel test.