The Formula Takes Effect

Back at their wooden home, it was night and Linda was fast asleep while Stanley was outside under the dark sky beautified by stars and an array of aurora. He sat there by the pavement carving facial features into a wooden statue. He also remodelled it. All of a sudden, he felt his head buzzing and a sway in his consciousness. Then he felt a stinging pain on his arms. He raised his sleeves up only to see that the formula the demon lord struck him with has started it's main reaction. It made the hands full of green stretch marks and was extremely painfull. He managed to endure it and finished his carving.

 The next day, Linda woke up earlier and washed their clothes. Soon, Stanley walked out of the house with a basket in hand

You are off to the market so early? Linda asked.

Yes, he replied. To change some household commodities. He brought out some of the wooden statues from the basket and showed it to her.

I think you are becoming more of a mortal now.

Stanley smiled and said "I'm leaving

Make sure you come back early, she said as she watched him leave.

Later that day, Linda cleaned up the house although it took many hours but she did it tirelessly. As she came to change the beddings, she discovered that Stanley hid one of the wooden sculptures under his pillow. The sculpture had facial features and has been modified, and she realized it took a resemblance to her. She felt very excited.

In the demon realm, Alice stood by the gate of the demon realm where she setup a little kitchen, cooking meals as she did everyday. This time she finished cooking and dished out the food. Just as she was about to turn to walk into the demon realm, she bumped into the demon lord.

My lord! I cooked a new meal today, have a taste, she said and brought a piece of the food to his mouth.

He looked at the food as if he had eaten it before but had forgotten. He opened his mouth and ate directly from her hand.

That's it, the taste! Oh I haven't eaten it in thousand of years, he said. The demon lord was sad and seemed to almost cry.

Are you crying? Alice asked him.

But he didn't reply and just took the plate of food from her hand and ate it, finishing every single piece.

Wow, so you like this? She asked.

I want you to be cooking this meal everyday.

Really?

Yes.

Oh! You really liked it.

Just say what you need, he said not hesitating.

Okay. I will need the best kitchen in existence.

The demon lord nodded and left immediately to make preparations.

 At home Linda was cooking when Stanley came home.

I am back! Stanley announced.

That's good, welcome, we will eat soon, Linda said.

As she focused on her cooking, Stanley came and quietly stood behind her, watching her cook. He brought out a wrapped package and placed it in front of her.

This is for you.

For me? Linda asked. 

She immediately washed her hands and took it. After opening it, she saw a gift that made her heart flutter. It was a beautiful flower embedded hair band.

It's beautiful, thank you.

Stanley nodded.

Then she saw some marks that weren't hidden under Stanley's long sleeves.

She held his hand to have a good look but he shook it off saying "don't worry about it, it's an old injury". Linda looked at him worriedly and nodded.

Uhm, I will get the rice for while you cook, Stanley said.

Okay, Linda agreed.

He turned to look at her from time to time, wandering how he was to tell her that he was extremely sick this time. 

 At night Linda had fallen asleep as usual but Stanley wasn't in bed. This time Linda was able to awaken and find that Stanley wasn't in bed. She got up and went out to look for him. She found him in a bathe tub using his vital energy to stabilize his body. And he coughed seriously as he tried not to be loud.

Teacher! Linda screamed and ran towards the tub. Are you sick? She asked.

Linda why are you here? Don't worry I am fine he said trying to reassure her. She looked at his chest and body full of stretch marks and almost cried.

Later, while Stanley was sleeping, Linda came back with a basket of herbs. She heard him cough and went to have a look.

Are you awake?

Stanley just sat up and kept mute.

How is it? Are you still feeling unwell?

Instead of replying, he took her hand where saw a scratch.

Don't move! He said and examined her hand.

Where have you been? He asked.

Linda just pulled her hand away. I went to Mount Jin, she replied.

To do what?

To pick herbs. The aunt who took us in said there were herbs on mount Jin which could cure all types of diseases but it only works with the morning dew. So from now on I'll wake up early to pick herbs, she explained.

Don't go anymore.

Why?

Stanley wanted to explain but found it hard. These herbs are useless to me, he said.

You don't even know what sickness you have, how do you know that it's not going to work?

He took her hand again. What if something happens to you what...

I'm a phoenix now, I can fly, are you afraid I will fall? She asked cutting him off. Save your mouth for the medicine, she told him and stood up to prepare the herbs.

Stanley smiled and was happy to find that the feeling of being cared for was so good.

 Alice was given a room in the demon realm. She woke up to find the room filled with all types of kitchen utensils. As she examined them, some servants brought some boxes filled with some personal belongings. Some where filled with frozen meat and fish. She opened one box which was filled with military gear.

Swords and daggers? What do I need them for? I don't even know how to use any of them, she spoke to herself. 

Then an idea struck her mind but unknown to her these things were the phoenix's belongings in the past life. At that time, the demon lord was her sworn brother but he felt love for her more than being her brother.

 The demon lord stood beside the purple rose where he kept the formula monitoring bottle.

Sister, all your resentment and your pain, your brother knows it all. And I must let him feel it! He said all these in his mind.

 Just then, Alice came behind him to invite him playfully to a feast.

My lord, I have prepared a feast for you, she said.

The demon lord at this moment wasn't in control of his emotions. He turne

d around and grabbed her by the throat, strangling her fiercely.