The True Phoenix (1)

Immediately the ceremony began. Sister don't be afraid, the demon lord said, gesturing at her to go and merge with the purple rose. She went up to the flower, and immediately her hand touched it, was rejected. And she proceeded to touch it by all means with both hands but instead forced her true form of spiritual animal to show. It spread her wings and opened her beautiful tail, it was then everyone realized she was a peacock. Then a burst of spiritual energy came from the purple rose and threw her off the podium, and almost razed everyone there to the ground.

 You are not the Phoenix, you are just a lowly peacock! The demon lord became furious and gripped her by the throat. I am the phoenix, I'm really the phoenix! She shouted and gasped for breath. The demon lord threw her directly to the ground and ordered the guards to take her away. 

 Please calm your anger demon lord, his servant said with respect. But if she is not the phoenix, then how did the sign of birds paying homage to the phoenix appear on the day of the final assessment? She was not the only one in the final assessment, the demon lord replied. The servant covered his mouth in fear after realizing something. 

 Later on, she was brought up again to the podium and set up to be sacrificed to the purple phoenix and used to strengthen the vital energy it possessed. I would have kept you to serve the phoenix but a lowly peacock like you dared to have improper thoughts,the demon lord said. What are you trying to do? She asked. Purple rose is just purifying your soul. Do you want to burn me to death? She asked again. Don't you want to be a phoenix? He asked back. And the flames engulfed her slowly while she whined in pains. During this time, a sword struck the ground of the hall and sent everyone flying. It emits blue flames and has a strong vital energy surging around it. Then a hand held Emerald by the waist before she could fall to the ground. She looked up and it was her teacher. Emerald is my student, let her go and I will forget what happened, Stanley said. The demon lord laughed mockingly and said "if you want to save the phoenix, I'm afraid it's not that easy". Then he rushed at Stanley but was sent flying back to the ground. Then Stanley took Emerald and left. After that, the demon lord changed back to the servant he is. It was just a prank, the real demon lord had already left to get the true phoenix. 

 At the academy, someone rushed into the learning hall where the students were and gave a piece of news. Emerald got missing on the way to the palace and the emperor put Robb in prison for failing to escort the phoenix safely, he said. Linda was supposed to escort her as she came second in the assessment. But she left the academy, so Robb offered to go instead, he elaborated. And now nobody knows where teacher went, what should we do? Cynthia looked at Linda. Linda! Linda! It's always you anyone who gets involved with you always meets trouble, Cynthia said. Don't slander me, Linda said. Just the dean came into the hall and told every to go back to their dorms and enter the state of meditation and self learning. Then they all left.

 As Emerald and Stanley were on a boat coming back to the mortal world, Emerald tried to play her cards well in seducing Stanley. Teacher thank you for coming to save me, she said with a very soft voice. Stanley replied, it's my duty to protect the phoenix. Then she thought, "how should she tell him she wasn't the phoenix? But if she wasn't, then who is? She just waved the thought away. I just feel a heavy lose of strength, she said. It's normal considering what you have been through, he replied. Then she advanced more, teacher will you protect me forever? She asked, while she held her teacher's hand tightly and wanted to caress his body. But he immediately removed her hand and said "Emerald, at this time you should remain calm and focused and not to think of anything stupid". Then he stood up and looked ahead.

 Back at the academy, while Linda was thinking of the turn up of events, Cynthia barged into the room and shouted "You jinx it's all your fault. What are you up to this time? Linda asked feeling confused and annoyed. Cynthia became increasingly infuriated, 'how dare you call my name? It's all your fault that anyone who is involved with you gets in trouble. Previously you seduced our teacher and threw yourself into his arms, now you have used dirty tricks to harm Robb. Just as she tugged on Linda to deal with her, she accidentally pulled off Linda's bracelet which restricts the strong spiritual power she was born with and boom the power of the Phoenix erupted and threw Cynthia onto the wall. The eruption shot a sharp ray of fire red light into the sky and it shone brighter than the sun.

 At the river where Stanley and Emerald were in a boat, Stanley knew something must be wrong. How could he win the demon lord so easily with only half of his cultivation. And just then, they saw the bright light and were both surprised. The phoenix? Stanley asked and looked at Emerald and her heart skipped a beat. Then Stanley left her and teleported back on his way to the academy. Teacher! She called out as he teleported away. She then thought back and realized that the phoenix is no other person than Linda. She fell to the ground and asked why? Why does it have to be her?

 After sometime, Linda picked up a dagger she saw and shouted "don't force me". And she looked only to see that Cynthia lay on the ground unconscious. She was surprised, she didn't even know her powers were just used. She just let it go and went to pick up her bracelet. But just as she was about to touch it, a hand held her arm. She looked up and saw the demon lord. She became scared. Sister, he called. I finally found you.

 Then Cynthia became conscious again and got up. She bullied you right? The demon lord asked. Then he made to move his hand. Don't don't! Linda shouted. Don't kill her, she said. Ok, if you say so. Who are you? My father is minister Robert, if you hurt me you will regret it, she threatened. Then he turned her looks to that of an old woman.