I Am Someone Who Can Help You

Linda waited for Zina in the courtyard of the wolf howling cave. She saw her walking dejectedly towards her and stood up immediately to meet her. Zina, did teacher get angry? She asked but no reply came forth. Ah ya! Forget it. She tried to cheer her up, covering her own disappointment. I know teacher wouldn't have any feelings for me, after all he is a high immortal.

No no trust me, I'm a bystander. A bystander is always clear minded. I know you two love each other. Let me tell you, what your teacher traded with the treasure master is a medicinal jade that could heal a cultivator and help restore spiritual power. He traded it for you, risking his own life, Zina explained. Linda immediately became confused and frowned. She couldn't say another word, only worriedness in her mind. She just left to look for him.

She met Stanley going into his room and blocked his way. No medicinal jade and you are not yet recovered, are you hurt? Linda asked.

Am fine, Stanley answered.

Look at me and say it, Linda said with tears glistening in her eyes. But Stanley just turned to go in coldly. I am going to get it back! She immediately started walking away. Then Stanley went after her and held her arm.

Linda, what will you trade for it? He asked.

Anything, anything they want, if I don't have it, I will find it. I am the phoenix, my life is precious right? I will exchange my life for it. She said firmly.

Silly, he said. Your safety matters to the three realms, so protecting you is my duty. You don't need to worry. I am fine. Then he walked into his room, leaving Linda to think about the action she wanted to take.

At the academy, Emerald was burning all her documents and files that has any relation to the academy when the dean of the academy came in. She was thinking to herself "I am not who I used to be anymore". Now I fight to get what I want. Her thoughts were cut short. Are you leaving the academy? He asked.

Yes, said Emerald. I was just about to tell you. Recently many things happened in the academy, my father is worried about us, so he wants me to go home and take care of my sister.

Okay, that's fine. Ah ya, fire won't burn away love or hate, he said while shaking his head after he saw the burning files.

You are not the dean, Emerald said after noticing he was strange.

He laughed and said "you are smart". Of course I am definitely not that stupid mortal.

Who are you?

I am someone who can help you.

Help me?

Yes. Help you get what you want. Then he took her to his place.

He is the master of zihua book pavilion. Inside the pavilion was a place where people exchange something to get what they want. Things like laughter, joy and recognition from your loved ones could be exchanged to get wants.

May I know who you are? She asked.

Knowing me or not doesn't matter, he said.

Ok you said you could help me with what I want, right?

You want to be the phoenix? That is decided by fate, I can't help you with that.

She then moved towards him and whispered things to his ear. Uh! You are really a callous girl, he said. You want to replace the phoenix, I can help you with that when you face difficulties.

The next day, Mark strolled through the demon market place and had fun viewing the marketing activities. He saw Zina's brother walking up to him in a friendly manner. He pretended not to notice him and tried to bypass him from another side. But he blocked him and smiled saying "hey Mark, do you now hate me so much that you pretend not to know me? Zina's brother asked.

Know you? Mark asked sarcastically. Did it look like we knew each other when we were bidding for the treasures?

Oh come on Mark, we grew up together, although we always fought but we never held grudge. Are you trying to hold one now?

Tsk, stop pretending!

Besides I am Zina's brother, of course I have to help her.

Mark started to get interested in the conversation and just stood listening to him.

We should be good brothers and not enemies. How about i hold a feast for us to chill? We haven't done that in a long time.

If you say so I'm gonna kill you with the bills, Mark said and poked his chest.

Ok if you say so. Bring those two friends of yours along.

Why?

I want to use the opportunity to apologize to them. We should all be friends.

Ok let me think about it, Mark said and left on his way. After he left, Zina's brother looked at him with a smirk.

At the Minister's mansion, Emerald entered her room and was about to pour herself some water when she heard a crashing sound of shattering glassware. All of you get out, all of you are here to laugh at me. How dare you? All you silly maids are as humble as Linda! All of you get out! That was Cynthia shouting at the top of her voice in frustration. She couldn't stand looking at herself bearing an old face, no to talk about letting others see it. She stood up immediately she heard Emerald was back and ran to her. Sister! Sister! Can you help me? She asked as she hugged her sister.

Emerald thought for a while before answering. I have a way but are you willing to try it?

I am willing to try anything as long as I can get my appearance back. I'm not afraid to do anything, she said as she sobbed intently.

Are you willing to sacrifice everything to get your appearance back?

I am willing, I am willing, she continued sobbing.

Okay, let's give it a try, Emerald said holding her hand.

That's good, that's good sister. I knew you would help me, from now on I'll listen to you.

You are my only sister, of course I'll help you.

Cynthia nodded and put her sister's hands to her face and shed tears.