Evil Phoenix

Does the life of a mortal not matter? Stanley questioned instead of answering. And his father replied, "the matter of finding the phoenix is an important matter, so it doesn't matter if the life an ordinary mortal is sacrificed for it". Wait did you remember anything? Remember what? Stanley asked. Anything about the past, his father pointed out. That's right, I wanted to know why does it seem that there is something of the past I don't remember? Then his father waved his hand and a screen appeared.

 In the screen, Stanley saw a scene where everything was on fire. His father explained to him that after the three realms, "heavenly, demon and mortal realms where formed, the heavenly and demon realm where always at war and there was no way to make peace. 

 Then nature sought for a way to make peace and joined the essence of the three realms and made a unique creature called the phoenix. The Phoenix is a sacred creature that is more nobler than anyone in the three realms, it's spiritual energy is so powerful that it could wipe out a whole realm in one strike. Due to the phoenix's strength, the demon and heavenly realm refrained from having any wars or faced the danger of annihilating the whole realm.

 But at one time, the phoenix suddenly turned evil and killed people at will in all three realms. Anywhere the phoenix went there was fire and killing. The fire of the phoenix could burn down anything on it's path including a whole realm of existence as long as it wanted.

 At that time your mother was pregnant with you. Now the phoenix turned evil and joined the demon realm. It became their saintess and supreme ruler. Until one day, your mother chose to use her life to fight the phoenix. After she gave birth to you, she asked me to take good care of you and left. She never told us in the heavenly realm, she wanted to fight the phoenix.

 On that fateful day, after the phoenix had finished it's routine killing with blood flowing everywhere, your mother engaged the phoenix in a fight. Of course she was no match for the phoenix. Then she used pure magic to merge her soul with that of the phoenix and blew her soul up. 

 As a cultivator, blowing up your soul when engaging in a battle will also blow up the soul of your opponent and none of you will be able to reincarnate forever, I don't need to teach you that too, do I? He explained deeply.

 But here we are talking about the phoenix, it is the purest creature. It's soul is the purest, and nothing can destroy it's soul. But could only be killed and it will be reborn in the future. 

 Your mother used her life to kill the phoenix, but before her soul dispersed, she took essence from the phoenix vital energy and from her soul to make a sword and only someone with her blood can control the sword. That sword is the blue flame sword that is being used by you. You are the only one having her blood. 

 After narrating the story of his mother's death and how it was associated with the phoenix, he continued. Now your life mission is to make sure that whenever a sign shows of the phoenix's rebirth, you shall look for it's reincarnation when it's bloodline hasn't been stimulated and kill it. That's what you owe your mother! 

 But the last time the phoenix reincarnated, you fell in love with it. You only managed to kill it because you couldn't bear to see the world in danger if it's bloodline was stimulated. After the phoenix died, you were in depression everyday so I sealed your memories related to the phoenix In it's past life.

 I'm sorry father, Stanley said. Now as punishment for lagging on your duty of finding the true phoenix, I will seal half of your cultivation, his father said firmly. Then he sealed half of his cultivation and said when u are done carrying out your duty, I will unseal your cultivation. Then Stanley went back to the academy in the mortal world. 

 A few days later, Linda was walking on the busy market roads, she came out of the academy after taking permission from the dean, to buy some provisions. As she walked on for a while, she saw Stanley coming out of a store. Teacher! She called out. Linda! What are you doing here? I came out to buy some provisions, what about you teacher? I came to buy provisions too but lost my way. Then Linda thought for a while and said "how about I take you to where you can buy provisions?" Okay! He agreed and they went on to buy the provisions. 

 After they were done buying and were strolling, a little boy came and begged them for money to feed. He looked so haggard so Linda had compassion on him. She brought out her purse to give him some money but the little boy grabbed the purse from her hand and fled. She ran after him and found him in an empty yard, He was crying and shaking a woman on the ground. Mom please open your eyes and look I have brought money to buy you medicine but the woman isn't responding.

 Linda looked at her teacher who just arrived and said teacher please hurry and save her. There is nothing I can do, he replied. You are a high immortal of course you can , please save her. We as immortals don't change the fate of mortals, we can do anything with or for a mortal but we can't bring them back to life, it will backfire on us, especially we may loose our cultivation. Birth, happiness, sorrow, pain, separation and death is a must experience for every mortal. Then he left and Linda followed him dejectedly.

 They walked into a jewelry store. Linda just wasn't in the mood, so no jewelry caught her attention. Stanley just looked on and bought a jewelry he thought was beautiful. Just as he was about to turn and leave, his eyes met that of Linda but the sadness in her eyes made his heart tremble. He just asked her directly, Linda where are you from? Dayu, she said. Don't lie to me! He said firmly. She didn't know why but she decided to tell her teacher who is a complete stranger her real place of birth. I'm from Suzhou but something happened in our family so we came to Dayu. Ok, he said. He wanted to tell her about the vision he sees sometimes when he is with her but later refrained from doing it. Then he told her "you should know you need to be able to protect yourself first before protecting other people. Then they went back to the academy.