The Demon Lord's Frustration

On mount Kai, where Alfred had previously reported to have seen the phoenix last, Alfred sat on the floor overlooking the valley. Then his brother Frank, the rain god came in a ray of blue light.

What are you doing here? Alfred asked him.

I thought you were looking for the phoenix? Frank asked him back.

Yes I was. But I am just slowing it down. I am doing it for Stanley because I know the past will still repeat itself, Alfred explained to him. 

I was just passing by and decided to see you, Frank decided to let him know why he came.

Yes, said Alfred. We haven't seen each other in a long time. As for Stanley, I have been searching for him with no progress. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I understand, you still need to give a detailed report to the emperor. But no matter how much you help him, he will still face his fate alone.

If only it was easier for him, Alfred said.

You are right. I'm leaving, see you next time.

He then left with a ray of light trailing behind him.

Stanley Stanley, where have you been? Alfred asked himself.

 In the demon realm, the demon lord was watching the formula monitoring bottle and was smile uncontrollably because he had exchanged his smile to get the formula from the zihua book pavilion. He kept on smiling until he couldn't stand the realization of him smiling as he always loved having a scowl on his face, he let out vital energy from his body in full force that it caused an explosion. 

 On mount Jin, Linda was busy picking up herbs when she saw a bird on a branch, it struggled as it was stuck. Linda quickly helped it.

Thank you for saving me, the bird said.

Why don't you take a human form like the other devils to avoid getting in trouble?

I'm not a devil, the bird said. I am just an ordinary crow.

Then why am I hearing what you say?

It's because you are lord phoenix. You are the ruler of all birds, so as long as you listen carefully you will hear all bird languages.

Really?

Yes. Go home now it's not safe here.

Don't worry my house is close, I will be home soon, she assured the bird.

As for me I live under the bridge in the eastern suburbs, the bird disclosed.

Under the bridge in the eastern suburbs? That's where my mother and brother live, Linda thought to herself. Then she asked the bird to follow her home and he'll help her deliver a letter to her mother and brother. The bird agreed.

After writing the letter, she gave it to the bird and said "thank you".

It's my pleasure, the bird replied and flew away. 

 In the demon realm, Alice prepared a meal and brought it to the demon lord in a food flask. She brought the meal out and placed it on the table and turned to call him only to find him standing right behind her.

Uhh! You scared me! Cynthia shouted. Why didn't you say anything? She asked him, but he didn't reply. After looking at him for a little while she said "I prepared a meal for you, come and have a taste".

She turned to the table, used the chopsticks to bring a piece of the dish to his mouth. He tasted it without hesitation. After he tasted it, he looked at her and began hallucinating. He saw Alice as Linda cause she wore the clothes he gave her which were Linda's clothes in her past life. He immediately grabbed her hands throwing the chopsticks to the floor.

Sister, you are finally back. In your last life, I loved you so much but I couldn't get what I want. In this life, as compensation, could you be nicer to me? And nicer? You can forget him and think of me and look at me only, okay?

I don't understand what you are talking about, Alice said and tried to withdraw her hands from his but he even held them tighter.

I know you don't understand. But sister, how could that man make you like him for so many lifetimes? You don't owe him in any way, you only owe me Cyrus, he said, revealing his name to her for the first time.

 Alice tried to withdraw her hands and this time he let her. She just looked at him, listening to everything without understanding or saying anything. 

Why are you doing this to me? Cyrus began again. You could have survived that battle. Do you know how happy I was when I knew you were going to awaken? But sister why is it that even if you awaken, even if you become another person the ending is still the same? He said shouting and venting his frustrations. The formula is triggered. He is in love, right? You are still in love, aren't you? He asked not really expecting an answer.

My lord, I am not your sister, she said with traces of tears in her eyes as she also felt the hurt he was feeling. I am Alice, the kitchen god in the heavenly realm. I am cooking for you... 

No! He stopped her. Why won't you acknowledge me? He asked in frustration. Is it because of that person? Have you considered my feelings? For the past ten thousand years I have been protecting you but all you think about is that person that is nowhere to be found. Do you know how I feel when day after day, year after year I can't be by your side?! Do you know sometimes I even want to drink your blood, so that I can become one with you forever? Because my love for you is swallowing me like poison. 

He then hugged Alice immediately, he held her tightly that she screamed.

Let go of me! Let go of me! She struggled to break free from his embrace but to no avail. She then used all her energy to bite him on his shoulder.

Ah! He screamed and let her go. He seemed to have come back to his senses. He began laughing uncontrollably, trying to cover it with his hands but failed.

My lord are you laughing? Alice asked.

I didn't expect one day someone would see I'm laughing.

He then sat down by the dining table and Alice followed suit. 

I didn't know you could smile, but your smile... Is weird, Alice said.

My smile has been exchanged for something else, he said.

Can a smile be exchanged too?

Have you heard of the formula?

No

The formula is the most sinister thing in the world. Once somebody is hit by it and falls in love with someone, it will trigger. And if he doesn't cut off his love on time, he will surely die. 

Then what if the person doesn't fall in love? He won't have to die, isn't it? Alice asked. 

Yes. 

Okay, I don't understand why someone would exchange his smile for something called the formula, she said after wiping tears off her eyes. But if someone is willing to exchange his smile for something, it must be for someone that is important to him.

She shrugged and looked at him to see his reaction. But he just picked up a cup of wine, downed it's content and heaved a sigh of relief. 

 In the devil clan, Zina was in a cell in the prison yard when a guard opened the door and said "the devil king has announced that the person who brought the phoenix into the devil clan has turned himself in, he has been arrested and will be punished severely".

What do you mean? Zina asked.

I mean you can go now.