Chapter 20: Battle of the Exhausted!

Ash was exhausted. He didn't have the mental power currently to battle. He was so, so tempted to just send in Charizard, but he needed to keep him as a secret. He went to the battlefield, and he saw his first supporter. Then he saw his opponent, Serena. Ash thought she was boy crazy.

Ref: Trainers send out your Pokémon. Ash doesn't look very good. Hope he's ok.

Serena: Delphox!

Ash: ...

Ash was so tired he couldn't even use his telepathy. He threw out Garevior, who knew what the problem was. She got into a battle stance and knew this time she was on her own.

Serena: Flamethrower! If I can win here, he'll date me! And if not, I can always get Tierno or Calem to make him jealous!

A jet of fire, well, fire from a stick with a bow on it, however Garevior just makes the fire redirect into her opponent. Delphox fires a shadow ball, but the same thing happens.

Serena: I know we don't do hand on hand, but we have to know! Giga Impact!

Gardevior just snorts and gets ready. Her master's Delphox finds a way to make her moves not redirect. Delphox has a yellow glow, and lunges at her opponent. But Gardevior just throws her into the wall using Psychic, while firing a shadow ball. The move connects, with Delphox fallen.

Serena: I'm sorry Delphox. You did good. Altaria go! Moon Blast!

Gardevior laughs for a moment and redirects the move into Altaria. Altaria gets hit but isn't very sad about it. She knows she's gonna get beat by the fairy after all. The attack was decent and was enhanced by Gardevoirs Psychic power.

Serena: Perish Song!

Gardeivor knows the danger of the move and closes her ears. After a good minute, the song is still going, so Gardevoir changes tactics. She uses Dazzling Gleam, encasing herself in a bright light. The move blocks out sound, so Gardevior is free to move. Gardevior fires a Moon Blast, doing quad damage as it was two fairy moves.

Altarias music abruptly stopped. It's hard to sing when you're knocked out.

Serena: Svlyeon! Fairy Wind!

While the battle was going on, Ash was sleeping. The ref was next to him, making sure nothing bad happened. Gardevoir ignored the wind and just walked through it. Gardevior fired a Hypothesis, which made Sylveon fall asleep. Gardevoir glowed a purple aura, and a mouth appeared over the Eeveelution. It promptly ate its opponents' dreams. Svlyoen screamed, and promptly fainted.

Serena: Abosl! Shadow Claw!

The empathy pokemon ignored Absol and looked at her trainer. She smiled a little and used her powers to heal him. His barriers were still up, so she couldn't do it all the way. Absol kept swiping at the pokemon, but she just kept dodging over and over again.

Abosl was getting more and more annoyed. After about the 20th swipe, Gardevior turned around and threw her opponent away with a dazzling gleam.

Serena: Abosl! Mega Evolve!

Ash was still sleeping while all this was going on. Abosl fired a dark pulse, but Gardevior just sidestepped and fired a moon blast. Abosl was blown back, but Gardevior wasn't done just yet. Through the smoke a Energy Ball, another Moon Blast, and a Shadow Ball all fired. Let's just say Abosl fainted.

Ref: Battle over, Gardevior wins, Ash is the winner. Kid wake up.

Gardevior chuckled. She got one of us pokeballs and his Sharpedo emerged. She pointed at her trainer, and the fish knew what was happening. Sharpedo fired a Hydro Pump at the trainer, but Ash woke up and deflected it into Sharpedo on reflex.

The trainer glared at his pokemon who were laughing. Ash returned them and walked out. The entire crowd, including the ref and Serena, were a bit confused. Ash looked back at the Ref and saluted him. The ref smiled and saluted back.  

Lineskip:

Ash was still exhausted. He needed sleep. He was about to head back to the inn, but he felt a tug on his legs. As soon as he felt someone about to touch him, he made his dagger. But all it was was Serena, the boy crazy one.

Serena: Will...will you go out with me?

Ash: *shakes head and walks off.

Serena: Why not?

Ash: *throws out Gardevior. My master does not want to be added to your collection of boys. Also, he just doesn't like you.

Serena: Impossible! I'm the best-looking girl our age! Who else could you like?

G: My master can name four off the top of my head. WAIT, MASTER WHAT!

Gardevior looks at her master with a huge grin and shining eyes. She teleports the duo to his room, where the interview begins. Ash still can't use telepathy, so Gardevior gives him some of her power. It'll make sure he can use it.

G: MASTER THIS IS GREAT NEWS! YOU FINALLY LIKE SOMEONE! WHO IS IT?!

Ash: Thanks for lending me your power. Why do you care about this topic so much?

G: Master me and your other female pokemon had a bet going. I said you would find multiple love partners, four, no more no less, and you would meet them here. Oh, and one would be Sabrina.

Ash: That...is very specific. But I don't like anyone in that way.

G: Sure master. Why do you deny it? We both know you like those girls.

Ash: I do not! I can't like someone. I'm a badass mute trainer, who's gonna save the world. I can't like anyone.

G: You know, you don't have to be mature all the time. You can live your life. You're not only the mute trainer and an aura guardian. You're also Ash Ketchum.

Ash: What are you saying?

G: I'm saying you've never trusted anyone, never loved, never even cared for another human being. The closest you've ever gotten was Riley and Oak.

Ash: Get to the point.

G: Figure out who you are.

Ash: And if I don't?

G: That is the million-dollar question.

Lineskip

Serena was mad, but more confused. She just wanted a date. Why was he so against that? It's not like he was dating someone else. Right? Serena's head flashed to when Dawn, Lillie and May were hanging out with him. All the blushes from the girls, the hidden things. And with Sabrina in the play, she had lots of competition.

The 4 girls had to address something before things got out of hand. They were in Dawn's room, sitting around.

Dawn: Girls, we each know something. All of us in this room like Ash Ketchum.

Sabrina: That is correct.

Dawn: We need to do something about it. Who does he like? And who will he pick? What will that mean for the rest of us.

Sabrina: He likes all of us. We are friends, which is insane. However, love is something he has no idea about.

May: And about who he picks. Can we agree not to kill the other person?

Lillie: We could do a poly relationship.

May: You mean all 5 of us?

Lillie: Exactly. I don't want to fight over him with you guys.

Sabrina: I think it's an excellent idea.

Dawn: Agreed. But know what?

Sabrina: He is opposed to love slightly. So, I suggest we ease him into it. Give him time.

The other three nod, and proceed to the talk about battles, humans, and other fun stuff the girls talk about.  

 (IDK what girls talk about lol)

Maybe it could all work out after all.