Chapter 29: Self-imposed Guardian

Chapter 29:

Darkness, but not really

Arceus:

Leaf was relatively normal. She had nice parents, no powers, and was pretty smart. She became a trainer, and caught one pokemon from each region, excluding her starter from Kanto. She didn't really have a need to grow stronger, but her parents urged her to, saying her team could protect her. She made her team around the final gym leader level, and her starter elite four level.

Leaf was fond of mysteries, adventures, and danger. So, it's only natural she found out about the darkness, or known to the rest of the world, Team Silver. The team was known as a danger to society and was incredibly powerful. They had a base in every region and had lots of power.

Leaf joined up, knowing it was bad, but not necessarily caring. She and her friend, known as Yellow, joined up with the team. Leaf and Yellow were best friends and did everything together. Leaf robbed; Yellow robbed. Both girls were from Johto, so they joined the team there.

However, a problem occurred in the team. The aura guardian. No one knew who he was, and everyone wanted him dead. However, Yellow and Leaf were more curious than anything. An assembly was announced in all of the bases, concerning the guardian.

The gist was the guardian was attempting to stop the team, and any one with knowledge on the guardian needs to speak up. As soon as the assembly was over, the duo was assigned to capture the Johto beasts, and were working under Giovanni for the day.

It was going fairly well, until the guardian showed up. He appeared out of thin air. He was guarding the pokemon, and said pokemon looked confused, then wary, then finally grateful. When Leaf saw the man, she was surprised. He was her age! She imagined a 40-year-old man, not a teenager fighting the entire organization. Not only was he doing that, but he was also WINNING!

Surrounding him was a shiny Sceptile and a shiny Charziard. Each pokemon looked dangerous, so Leaf and Yellow avoided them at all times. But Charziard blew a blue flame directly at Blastoise, who got knocked out as soon as the move landed. In fact, all of the team's pokemon were knocked out. Even articuno was hurt by the sheer power of this thing.

Yellow: Hide?

Leaf: Hide!

The duo ran into the forest, and hid there, while watching the battle. The girls were not disappointed. They saw carnage, power, and so much more. Charziard destroyed Articuno, Sceptile beat Moltres, and a Shiny Greninja, who came out of the teenager's shadow, beat Zapdos!

But it gets better. The team leader Tobias showed up, however his pokemon lost too! Mid-battle, a Pidgeot and two other people showed up, and started fighting alongside the guardian. The guardian mega evolved 3 pokemon at once, along with his weird Greninja! It was truly a sight to behold.

After that, they were never the same. Leaf wanted to see the trainer in action again, while Yellow wanted his pokemon. They were assigned to capture Regice, with Yellow throwing the pokeball that captured the titan.

They heard of the battle of area zero, how the trainer wiped out the entire team, and spared the leaders.

During their time there, they made another friend. His name was Silver, son of Giovanni. They were a trio and told each other everything. However, they told him something they should not have.

Leaf: We're thinking of leaving the team.

Silver: Why?

Yellow: Yesterday, a police officer found us. But our superior, without even a second thought or sympathy, killed her. We did not sign up to do this. We are not killers.