Chapter 21: True power

Ash was training the regulars, including Sabrina.

Sabrina: Ash, why are you training me? I believe last time we met, you lost.

Ash: That was years ago! I'm a lot stronger now.

Sabrina: Prove it. Battle me. 3v3

In response Ash threw out Dusknoir. Sabrina hated Ghost. She threw out Alakazam.

Sabrina: I know you hate going first, so I will. Energy Ball!

Ash: Fire punch and shadow punch. When stunned, fire Rock slide.

A green ball fired at the ghost, however Dusknoir simply dodged and uppercutted his opponent with fire punch. Shadow Punch hits the psychic in the face. Sabrina looks annoyed. This didn't happen last time. Before Alkazam could recover, brown rocks hit him in the face. Only reason he was knocked out yet was because the pokemon had defense training. But it was still incredibly frail.

Ash: Dusknoir, we set her off balance. Good work.

Ash returned Dusknoir and sent out Garchomp. Alkazam on reflex fired dazzling gleam, however Garchomp just walked right through it and hit him with a shadow claw.

Sabrina: Impressive. Ice Punch!

Ash: Quad Damage, but its attack stat is terrible. Dragon Pulse.

Garchomp fires a purple dragon. Alzkam attempts to smack it away, however it doesn't work and Alakzam is destroyed in the process.

Sabrina: Meet Metagross. Ash, please show me an ace. I wish to see your true power.

Ash: She wants an ace, she'll get an ace.

Ash throws out a pitch black Charizard, and the roar is heard all the way in Kanto. Garchomp and Charizard fist bump, and Garchomp is off the field. Metagross looks terrified and gives a look to his trainer. Sabrina just smiles and tells Metagross bullet punch. She remembers when this pokemon was just a Chameleon, burning through half her team before this metagross finally took it down.

Charizard remembered this. And he was out for blood.

Charziad just grins and fires a flamethrower. The flames are the hottest thing anyone has ever felt, except Ash, who is hit by this daily. Metagross is scorched alive. Sabrina sends in Gallade, but he is scorched as well.

Charziad just grins and returns himself to the ball. Ash smiles some and continues talking to his trainees. Sabrina included this time.

Ash: Today is Gimmick time. Each of you has a Gimmick. Dawn has terra and mega, Lilie has Z-move and mega, and the rest have mega. However, each of you need at least two gimmicks. You can be well rounded, and even combine some. If you mega evolve a Gmax Charizard, then terra it, finally fire a Z-move. Add a sunny day. And if you add Gmax Wildfire as the move and z-move combination, then you basically won it all. Getting the Gimmicks is the easy part. However, using them is something difficult all together. First however we will gather them. We are going to the great crater of Paldea.

Lineskip

The heroes were in the area lab, and Ash just finished explaining about the lab. Ash threw out Kordian and Miridon. He turned them into ride forms. His friends (he didn't even know he had friends) climbed onto. Brock looked confused why Ash didn't mount one.

In response he jumped off the lab. His friends screamed, but his pokemon were unphased. They were used to his theatrics.

His pokemon jumped to, and the trio landed into Area Zero. The heroes knew what to do. The mounts jumped off the gap and into the cave system, with Ash close behind them. They landed with a thud, and Ashs trainees were flabbergasted. This place was beautiful!