Fix You

*Julia*

Feeling depleted, embarrassed and numb, I mindlessly walk through the parking lot towards the remaining two cars parked in the back. My mind is consumed with my nightmare. The only thing I want to do right now is get into my hotel room and not see another soul for the rest of my sorry existence.

Of course, nothing can just come easy to me, can it? In a daze, I get to the SUV and realize I was so eager to get out of that room that I left my coat and purse on the hook. My purse that also has my damn car keys in it.

That was the final straw. That was my breaking point.

I lean against the side of the locked drivers door. Deflated, in a daze with no more tears left in me to cry. I let myself slide down the side of the SUV to hit the pavement and just sit there, emotionless. Staring in the distance at nothing.

Having a silent meltdown.

I don't know how long I sat on that pavement, leaning my back on the car- Arms at my side, legs straight out on the ground- like an old doll that a child forgot in the parking lot.

"Julia."

"What..." I respond dryly, already knowing who is here with me now. Without moving, blinking, or even lifting my eyes to see him. I just sit and stare at at nothing.

"You left your jacket and purse. And your keys."

"Just put them on the ground."

I feel like a statue. I feel like all the energy is completely drained out of my system. This is my nervous breakdown. This is how I'm going to die, isn't it. Unable to even want to blink.

I hear Nate sigh.

"Ok, let's get you off ground." He pulls my arm, but I don't particularly want to cooperate and let it drop back to my side. "And you say I'M the child... "

"Just leave me here." I say to the nothing in the distance I focus on.

"Julia, I'm not leaving you here."

Nate purposely squats down in front of me, obstructing my wondrous view of... nothing... forcing my eyes to meet his. I blink and focus on his eyes .

"OK...." He sighs again, "C'mon. Up you go."

I feel him scoop me up into his arms, and without having any fight left in me, I let him pick me up and carry me to his car.

"Let's get you home. My hot mess."

Nate presses the button on his key to unlock the vehicle door and gets me up in the passenger seat . I find another piece of nothing in the distance to focus on.

"You're really not gonna help me are ya, Darlin." I hear him say as he reaches over my waist to fasten my seatbelt. He closes the door, and I turn my head to look out the window. At nothing.

*****

*Nate*

Leaving out most of the details, I call Trisha while driving to make her aware. Just so there are no surprises. I know she isn't my manager, but she seems to be the one that helps me out of shit before it ever reaches up to Richard.

"Trish, I'm just letting you know. I'm not asking for your permission."

"Damn right you're not, because I would say no. It's not a good idea." She is less than pleased at the idea of Julia coming back to my place.

"She's not well, Trisha. I'm not dropping her off to a hotel and leaving her alone."

"Nate...."

"Listen to me," I give in with giving a little bit more detail. "She hasn't been getting enough sleep, ok? At all. Maybe 3 hours a night, Trish. This is all still new to her. She's beyond exhausted. I don't want her driving when she's so sleep deprived."