How to GRAMMAR NUMERO 2!

Oh wow here we are again. Not gonna lie, but these are things that I struggle with so bad.

Like, who the freckles knows what an adjective is? I didn't, and know what? Even after all this research, I still don't really understand, but I'll explain some the best I can. I know how to write, just not the science behind it lol but I promise it'll be good. (Thank you Endless_Seas for giving me all this info. You probably don't remember but I saved it).

Okay!

WRITING THE 'JECTIVES

There are eight groups of these beautiful things: Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Interjections, Pronouns, Adverbs, Prepositions and Conjunctions

#1: She's a noun

- A noun is generally defined as person, place, or thing; however, ideas are also nouns. For example, love is not able to be touched or seen, but it's a noun, nonetheless.

#2: Walking towards the verb

- A verb is something describing an action or state of being. People seem to believe that verbs are all action verbs. For example: Run, walk, jump, etc. That is true for action verbs. (take note of both kinds, please). Action verbs are things that can be seen as an action. Like the examples earlier mentioned, they are things like swimming, falling and talking.

Then, there are linking verbs. Things that aren't necessarily seen. The most common ones are: is, am, was, were are, and verb phrases ending in be, been, being. (had been, etc.) Verbs change easily, depending on the tense. for past tense, they're normally verbs ending with "ed".

For present, when talking in 1st and 2nd person, the verb doesn't change, so: I run as quickly as I can. Whereas with 3rd person, it sometimes changes, so like: She runs as quickly as she can. For the future, the verbs are accompanied by helping verbs, usually, it's will, or must. For example: She must/will run as quickly as she can.

#3: An adjective is cool

- An adjective modifies (limits or describes) a noun or a pronoun. Essentially, it provides more information about a person, place, or thing. For example, "Tommy is a short, and skinny boy. He is also very serious." Short, skinny and serious are all adjectives

#4: Whoa! Interjections

- An interjection is a word added to a sentence to convey emotion and is not grammatically related to any other part of the sentence. Interjections can also serve as a single word sentence (ex: Wow!). Interjections aren't normally used in things like academic projects, if not a script.

#5: Da pronouns

- Pronouns, I think you'll understand better. They are things like I, you, she/he, we, and they. For pronouns in the 3rd person, it is mandatory that you introduce the noun first. "Sam narrowed his eyes into a glare." "HE narrowed his eyes into a glare."

I forgot to mention: there are two types of nouns. Common nouns, and proper nouns. Proper nouns are people or places (Sam, Canada), whilst common nouns are just regular objects (computer, phone).

#6: The adverbs tho

- An adverb is a word ending with "ly" so... Quickly, hastily, hatefully, speedily, slowly... etc.

#7: Preposition ...(?)

- A preposition shows the relationship between a noun or pronoun and some other word in the sentence. This relationship is spatial, temporal, or directional. For instance, in the sentence Mark walked towards the house, the word towards is a preposition since it shows direction. When linked with nouns or pronouns, prepositions create word groups referred to as prepositional phrases. (In the previous example, towards the house is a prepositional phrase.)

#8: Conjunctions are LIKE :p

- Conjunctions are things that help present a new idea. If you don't understand, then think of words like and, or, etc.

• • • •

Hope you enjoyed my funky titles and super awesome descriptions made by Endless_Seas! She's an awesome Uthor and made the explanations for those dumb 'jectives!

Oh God, how I hate those words. Least favorite chapter. EVER.

Welp, bye! Thanks or reading today's How to!

• Absolutely_Positive