How to WRITE ONE-SHOTS!

I can't believe how long it's been since I started this book. Okay, not that long, but like a few months.

What can I say? I'm easily pleased.

Anyway, here's the newest chapter: How to WRITE ONE-SHOTS!

• | Π | • • | Π | • • | Π | • • | Π | •

One-Shots are gateways for our greatest fantasies. Quick, one chapter lasting stories that give us what we want; usually ROMANCE.

It could be a fanfiction one shot, where your favorite character from a show ends up with another character, or even an X reader. (That means that you're the main character). Whatever One-Shots you do though, beware. Just because they are shorter doesn't mean that they have to be crap.

I'm going to give you key ways to make one-shots, make your dreams live on!

Well first, what the heckles is a one shot?

Definition: A one-shot is a short literary work that is over 100 words and can stretch on for however long you like. However, it is only one installment, and does not have multiple chapters. Another word for it could be short story.

Of course, rules are meant to be broken, and you can make more than one chapter for a one-shot. Usually a part 2 is enough.

Have you ever heard of Freytag's Pyramid?

No? Well it's basically a plot pyramid. We're going to use Freytag's method to make our One-Shots!

• • •

Step one: Exposition

Get down to the who and the what and the where. Describe the setting, who is there and what's going on, like the beginning of any regular chapter.

Or the beginning of any book (one-shot).

Step two: Inciting moment

Make something happen to begin the action. A single event usually signals the beginning of the main conflict. The inciting incident is sometimes called 'the complication.'

Make a problem; Brad sees Angela kissing his best friend, or maybe Harry Potter notices his daughter Lily is having trouble with her magic.

Make a problem for the characters to solve.

Step three: Rising action

Make the story build and get it more exciting.

Maybe Harry sees his daughter getting tutored by a neighboring boy, and is suspicious. Perhaps Brad runs away from the scene, leaving Angela shell shocked.

Step four: Climax

The story is at it's greatest intensity. Perhaps Brad screams at Angela that he loves her and would never cheat on her.

Maybe something emotionally blinding happens, or something crippling and horrible. Or romantic. The moment of greatest tension in a story. This is often the most exciting event. It is the event that the rising action builds up to and that the falling action follows.

Step five: Falling action

The moments that happen as a result of the climax and we know that the story will soon end.

The part when Angela apologizes for hurting Brad, and tries to make it up to him.

Step six: Resolution

The character solves the main problem/conflict or someone solves it for him or her.

Angela makes a promise to Brad to never hurt him again.

Step seven: Denouement

The 'after the resolution' part. Everything that happens after the conflict solved. A good way to describe it is an epilogue.

Three years later Brad proposes to Angela. She accepts, and that's the end of the one-shot or short story.

• | Π | • • | Π | • • | Π | • •

Hey guys!

Well I hope you liked this chapter, I did kinda. This chapter goes for One-Shots and short stories, so don't worry!

Anyway, I have to go.

Please comment, vote, and fan.

Peace! - A_P♥