Random Writing Tips and Trick pt. 2

Random Writing Tips and Tricks! Pt. 2

| | || | || | |

• • •

1). Avoid exclamation points! Really!! Because they're distracting!! Almost as much as CAPITALIZING THINGS!!!

2). Make sure that each scene gives us new information, rather than rehashing things we already know. Never tell us the same fact twice. Because it's boring and stops the flow of the story. Never tell us the same fact twice. Because it's boring and stops the flow of the story.

3). The most important element of any story is to make the reader want to know what happens next. Period. Everything else is gravy.

4). There are three essential characters for your story; the Hero, the Villian, and the Sidekick. Basically the Harry Potter, Voldemort, and Ron Weasly of writing.

• The Naruto, Orochimaru, and Sakura.

• The Finn the Human, The Lich, and Jake the Dog.

• The Elaina Gilbert, Damon Salvator, and Stephen Salvator.

• The Alice, Red Queen, and Mad Hatter.

• The Batman, Joker, and Robin.

5). In romance, plot is important. Characters are more important. Readers must care about the characters! The hero and heroine must march through hell and survive - and triumph.

6). If your hero starts out the book as a rude, revenge driven, sexy, rich brute ...hey, I'm a happy reader.

7). Try changing things up once in awhile, and make he love interest a villain. I want a taste of the dark side. ;)

8). If your heroine starts out as a timid little thing, with zero gall and audacity, by THE END she better be a wild, passionate soul ready to eat anyone who tries to steal her love away.

That's all.

9). Let me redo #6. If your hero begins as vengeful sexy rich brute, by THE END he had better be tamed by heroine's love. Still sexy and rich, though.

10. Torture your characters early and often; it develops his character, sort of like roasting nuts brings out the flavor.

11). A synopsis is a roadmap of my plot. Want to write quickly? Work out every plot point before you start.

12). Very important! Write the book you want to read.

13). Very, very important! The more you write, the better you get. Yes, there is a learning curve. I wrote two practice books which were never published. So what? I've published over fifty novels and novellas since then, and had (and have) a successful career as a writer. Put your butt in the chair and write!

- Christina Dodd

14). Very, very, very important! As long as you produce pages, your writing method is the best. Yes, if you're writing without a synopsis, but the characters and plot is shaping up and you're putting out pages, IGNORE WHAT I SAID ABOUT SYNOPSES! Ignore everything. You're the writer. There is no correct way to write!

There's no rules fool!

"Put your shirt back on!"

There's one rule!

15). Had another, less experienced author tell me he was writing crap. I told him, "So write crap!" You can always fix crap. You can't fix a blank page. Guess what? He published the book. So... hey you! Yes, you! Write crap!

16). Quick Wattpad tip: Format is everything.

17). Research is important, but I'll never get it all right. Just write the book!

18). Finished your manuscript? Go back and take out half of the stage direction.

19). Finished your manuscript? Go back and eliminate the "justs" and "suddenlys."

20). My favorite book is the one I just finished or the one I haven't started. Never the one I'm working on.

21). The secret to WRITING:

Write as much as you can.

• As fast as you can.

• Finish your shit.

• Hit your deadlines.

• Try very hard not to suck.

• THE END.

• | ♪ | • • | ♪ | • • | ♪ | • • | ♪ | •

Hey it's Shay!

Here's Random Tips and Tricks part two, hope you enjoyed!

It was fun looking up some things, and then adding own in there.

The last one is too perfect.