Chapter 3

James parked Diana's 1990 Toyota Corolla about two blocks away from her office and sighed heavily before getting off the old tin. It was truly embarrassing to drive such an old vehicle. Compared to his oldest car which was 2014 Audi R8, this Toyota could be called ancient. And he couldn't believe that this thing still existed and actually plenty of them roaming the road of Sydney, it should be illegal to begin with. Not only that it was in manual, its air conditioning wasn't cold enough to his liking and the accelerator was so heavy.

He was thankful that Edward told him to buy a new car for Diana, at least he could borrow it when she wasn't using it. And judging from the amount of money that he transferred this morning, he was confident he would get a nice-looking top-quality car like his own back in London.

Slowly he walked to the office, fixing his tie before shoving his hands in his tailored trousers. He looked up slightly checking the familiar logo of the company that clearly visible from any angles of the city. Huge intimidating letter W and S that entangled artistically around each other with the corporation word underneath it.

Edward Wellesley and his dad were best friends since they were little. They went to school together and worked together. Each of them had fortunes in their hands but they refused to just join the family business. They created their own, Wellesley and Stratford Corporation, a global company that got its powerful tentacles in almost any industries it could grasp and this office was only one of hundreds branches spread around the globe. This Sydney branch was monopolising the property development, just like the one he ran in London.

"Hot butler ten o'clock." Maya mumbled from her seat.

"Oh, what now?!" Diana took a peek from under her desk. She was so flat out today that she didn't have time to eat and she could finally sit under her desk to enjoy her salad. Her headset was still sitting around her head.

"Hi Maya, where's my princess?" James smiled sweetly at Maya and almost sent her off her chair. His usual charm had always worked, he knew it, and he would use it to the max to get what he wanted and right now he wanted to take Diana out.

"I am here. What do you want?" Diana raised her hand out from under the desk.

"Miss Ana, what are you doing there?"

"I am eating your fabulous salad." She answered sarcastically. "By the way where's the chicken?"

"I didn't put any chicken, you're a vegetarian today."

"Why?"

"Because you need to eat healthy." He replied evilly. Honestly, he just wanted to torture her, seeing her cry was probably the main purpose of all of this game that his dad tried to make him play, or at least made her surrender to him, but apparently she was one of the toughest chicks that he had ever encountered and she was too unpredictable to tame.

"Jerk. What do you want?"

"I need to take you somewhere. I've already prepared the bribe." He gave a bag of chocolate to Maya that she accepted happily. After checking the content she nodded in satisfaction. "Thank you sir, I'll cover for your princess for two hours."

Diana pushed a large chuck of salad into her mouth and chewed them hard, "Where?"

"Please don't talk with your mouth full." James frowned.

"I will talk when I want to talk." She gulped a glass of water to clear her mouth then took a smaller bite, apparently she listened to him. "Where do you want to take me?"

"Car shopping."

"What?!"

"Your dad told me to get you a new car."