Chapter 12

Who would let a girl who just turned twenty one and celebrated her birthday in a pub went home alone?

James watched Diana enjoying her special day behind the glass wall of the pub. He took the outside sitting an hour ago in his pair of jeans and leather jacket, trying to blend in with the rest of the pub patrons. He didn't want Diana to know that he'd been keeping an eye on her and made sure she was alright. She would be furious if she found out.

A small smile lingered on his face. She fascinated him, so carefree and cheerful no matter what problem or stress she had at the moment. He counted the drinks that she had, about three beers by now or maybe more including the ones before he arrived.

Well, at least she would eat too, he saw her asking for a menu.

Fifteen minutes later a waitress brought a bottle of beer and a plate of steak on her hands and placed them in front of him.

"From the birthday girl." She explained shortly when she saw James' confused look.

He shook his head wondering how she could spot him in the middle of the crowd outside.

"Hey you!" Diana came over soon after, walking toward him tipsily.

"Hey! How did you see me?"

"Easy, I just need to find the hottest patrons. I will not let you sit here alone. You should know that James." She sat herself carefully on the empty chair opposite him, trying not to reveal too much skin underneath her already-short skirt. She looked beautiful in that outfit and her red high heels flattered her long legs even more.

"Didn't I tell you not to pick me up today?" she gathered her hair to one side and combed it with her fingers. Her face slightly flustered from the amount of alcohol that she had.

"Yes but... "

"I will be fine James." She tapped his hand.

"How do you know that I'll be here?"

She smiled. "Because you always worry about me."

"Do I?" he pushed a piece of steak in his mouth and started chewing.

"Yes you do. Stop being so arrogant will you?"

"Me? Arrogant?"

"Yes you. You care about me too much but you pretend not to." She arced forward and landed a kiss on his nose.

"Miss Ana, you are drunk." James made a short comment, his attention was divided by the envy stares from a bunch of guys in the next table and he was proud being the guy who got to talk to a stunning girl like Diana.

"Yes, I know."

"Maybe it's time to go home?"

"Mmm no... I like it here watching you eat." She propped her chin with her hand, grinning at him.

"Want to try?" he raised his fork with a piece of steak on it and Diana let him fed her. "Yummy?" James smiled watching her closed her eyes when she chew.

"Uhu... First time I had dinner with you."

"I think so." He nodded in agreement, amused of how calm she was when she was drunk, he didn't expect that.

"We should go on a date." She smiled.

"A date?" his fork stopped mid-air listening to her suggestion.

"Yes a date. You and me go out for dinner. A date." She explained cutely.

This time he couldn't stop himself from teasing her, "my date usually wears something nice. You know, like a nice dress, nice hairdo, make up, perfume... "