Chapter 15

Patrick did this, Patrick did that. Patrick... Patrick... Patrick... James gritted his teeth listening to Diana's ramble to Nana about her boyfriend. He sat outside but he could hear how proud she was when she talked about her boyfriend.

Patrick clearly used James' donation to charm Diana. And now she thought he was her hero, the man who saved Lisa and the rest of the homeless kids. The man with a brilliant idea to turn a humble building into a hostel. A place where the kids could stay and learn to work and feed themselves.

That hero was supposed to be Nicholas Stratford, not Patrick. The genius philanthropist, who was willing to spend ten million dollars just to make his princess happy, was Nicholas, not Patrick.

It was his fault that he told Cloe that the donation needed to be anonymous or at least Little Home Foundations couldn't disclose his name in public. He didn't want Diana to find out or else she would figure out that James was Nicholas.

Well, now it had backfired on him.

He pulled a newspaper and started reading, he needed to stop listening to those two. For the last ten minutes he was quite successful from blocking the noise of her babble until he turned to the next page...

Oh, that SpongeBob movie poster staring at his face with Patrick the starfish and his big grin as if he was mocking him. James quickly folded his newspaper and slammed it to the table. Patrick was everywhere in different forms and all of them were laughing at him!

He sighed loudly and entered the dining room where those two sat enjoying their afternoon tea.

"Miss Ana, you've got a ticket to a costume party." He joined the conversation, pulling out a piece of fancy invitation from his pocket.

"A what?"

"A party for charity."

"I am not going."

"You must. This invite came from your father's business partner. Your father already purchased the ticket."

"I don't care."

"It's thirty thousand dollars per ticket."

Diana almost dropped her cup.

"Oh my god. You must go sweetie." Nana clasped her mouth.

"You're informally being introduced to your father's friends. Don't disrespect them. What do you want to dress up as? I'll get you the costume." James asked.

Diana stared at him thinking... "Batman." She said.

"WHAT?!"

"I have already had a butler, what I need is a costume." She replied casually.

James held a laugh, "Pick something else."

"Zorro."

"No." James refused flatly.

"Giant hotdog."

"NO."

"A Christmas tree."

"Miss Ana....." James sighed, "I am serious. Tell me what you want to wear, something more like a normal girl would wear."

"Excuse me?" she raised her eyebrows to his sarcastic question.

James ignored her, "Cinderella? Snow White? Mary Antoinette? This will be your first debut as a Wellesley, choose it seriously."

"Sexy nurse?"

"Miss Ana!" He gulped.

"You choose, I don't care." She had pressed the right button she laughed, making James blush was a piece of cake.