Stormy Hearts

We argued for the rest of the day. "I knew I'd win."
"And if you didn't?"
"But I did."
"Ugh!" Myron seemed pretty proud of himself now that we were fighting. By 10:00 we were still doing hotel activities. "I said I was sorry." Keith said and I sighed. He did still win, right? "Swear you'll never pull it again?"
"Promise."
"Fine, fine. I guess it could've been worse."
"See? You should trust me."
"Shut up." I said as he put his arm back around my waist for the first time since this morning.
"Anyone ever tell you you're a major asshole?"
"I think a few times, yes." He said and I laughed silently.
"Did I just see a smile?" He asked with a smirk.
"I dunno." I shifting from my toes to my heels.
"Get over here." He said and pulled me closer.
"You are not completely off the hook, Kit."
"I deserved that. I'll admit."
"Admitting it is the first step."
"You are such a bitch."
"Takes one to know one."
"You are just full of one liners today, aren't you."
"You two aren't bickerin' anymore?" Myron asked, leaning on a pool stick.
"I won."
"You keep thinking that." I scoffed. It was getting late and Steven and the rest went to bed. Myron's mom told him to watch his sister while she went to bed. "I'm not watchin' her."
"He doesn't need to watch me, Ma." She said, she looked about 12.
"You can watch yourself when you're 14. Your 3 years short, kiddo." She said, ruffling her curly black hair. I got tired around 1AM and headed up before realizing, I didn't have the damn key. I called Keith who didn't pick up. Surprisingly, Lauren was still up and let me in her room. "He bet on what?!" She exclaimed after she asked what we were fighting about.
"You heard me."
"That explains a lot."
"Don't it?"
"So what you just forgave him?"
"How many times have you heard him say sorry in the time you've known him?"
"True. What punishment have you dealt out?"
"Haven't let him kiss me since 10 this morning."
"Nicee. Did you hear his dad is here?"
"David is here? Why?"
"I don't know, I just heard it from mom."
"Great." I sighed sarcastically.
"Didn't him and his dad get along when you guys went to visit?"
"He got along with Dara. But he and his dad don't really see eye to eye on a lot..."
"You can't tell him though."
"Why?"
"I don't know, they told me not to tell him!"
I sighed and there was a knock at the door. She put a fiver to her lips. "It's open!" I said and Keith opened the door.
"Hey, what are you doing in here?"
"Forgot to grab my key so I was talking to Lauren."
"Warning, her annoying personality is contagious. Let's go, it's late."
"Or early."
"Shut up."
"Yep." I took a quick shower in our room, sure enough the whole beach was in my hair. I forgot my bag next to my bed so I peaked out of the door. "Can you give me my bag?"
"Get it yourself."
"I can't, I'm only in a towel."
"I don't mind."
"You are such a... Ugh, fine I'll get it myself." I grumbled before tightening my towel around my chest and sneaking out to grab my bag. I felt a tug on the back of my towel. "Don't you fucking try it."
"Just a peak?"
"Keep dreaming." I scoffed before turning on my heel to go back to the bathroom. I felt a sharp pinch on the back of my thigh. "Did you just pinch my ass?!"
"I did and I'm proud of it."
"Insolent, perverse..." I went on with every negative word in my vocabulary.
"Hah, jokes on you. I don't know what most of those words mean."
"You're such a dweeb."
"If I'm a dweeb, what does that make you?"
"The idiot who said yes." I smiled and batted my eyelashes with a sarcastic air to it. I got dressed in a old T-shirt that I soon realized was a bit too small and a pair of fuzzy shorts. "You are trying to kill me." He said, running his hand down his face.
"I didn't think it was this small!" I argued, trying to pull down the shirt that was riding up due to being snug. "I'm pretty sure your shirt is going to explode off of you and I really won't mind when it does."
"You are such a... I don't even have a word for it anymore."
I laid down and shut my eyes. Some time passed of silence, comfortable silence that I don't get to experience very often. "You know... If someone told me two months ago that I would be in the same bed as and going out with the school's nerd, I would've punched them in the face." Keith said, breaking the best silence I've ever endured.
"Aren't you charming?" I snarked and turned on my side to face him.
"And what the fuck was with not letting me kiss you the whole fucking day?"
"Um..."
"That's it." He said and within a second he was on top of me, I let out a squeal. He kissed me like it would be the last time he ever would, he went down my neck and found a spot that sent a chill down my spine and I let out a breathy moan by accident. His lips lingered on mine for a bit before he laid back down next to me. The room feel back into silence, I had drifted off into a blank slumber when I heard a terrifying rumble. I jumped up and looked outside to see a big overcast of clouds, dry lightning cracking the sky with loud booms soon after. "What?"
"N-nothing." I stuttered and went to lay back down but jumped again.
"You're afraid of thunder."
"Afraid is a strong-" I yelped at the loud sound.
"The scary storm won't get ya, come here." He said and pulled me back down, holding me close. The need to have a comeback was strong and almost painful, but to be honest? I didn't have shit for a good rebuttal. After some time, I was able to relax. I feel asleep soundly listening to Keith's steady heartbeat.