31. I'm not Jason, you know

I blinked my eyes open, confused as to where I was. Everything seemed blurry, yet this time it wasn't really due to the pain. I was moving yet I wasn't. I worried for a second or two, until I realized I was in a car that was running awfully fast.

"Don't move, you might have a concussion." I heard Lukas' voice beside me.

I turned to him, but the sole movement made my head spin. Did I knock my head for real, instead of just my shoulder? The ache felt unbearable on the latter, but the migraine seemed to suggest more. Trying to focus on something other than the agonizing pain I felt, I stared at Lukas. He looked worried. Did he know something I didn't?

The car was moving too fast, though, I soon started feeling nauseous. "Lukas, slow down." I mumbled, covering my mouth with my good hand. I could feel it coming and it was impossible to stop it. In a moment, I was throwing up all over my side of the car, spilling half of it on myself. Lukas didn't slow down, if anything he stepped on gas even more, anxious as ever.

"Don't look at it." He warned me, I guess noticing that my eyes kept wandering to that yellowish liquid that had stained my sweater. "Look at me." Lukas ordered, snapping his fingers in my peripheral vision. "Stay awake."

"I'm fine." I mumbled, even though I felt awfully tired.

"Sure, but stay awake nonetheless."

"I didn't hit my head."

"We don't know for sure." Lukas pointed out, looking almost terrified. I was sure it was nothing, the throwing up, the tiredness, they were all probably due to the unbearable pain, but he didn't seem convinced.

When the car halted, it was so abrupt that I would have probably been jolted out of the windshield, hadn't I had my seatbelt on. Lukas undid his and started wiping that yellowish liquid off my clothes with some tissues, but the sweater had taken most of it.

He exited the car and came to my side. "Hold onto me." He demanded, helping me out of the vehicle. He took off the dirty sweater, leaving me in a tank top with no bra, then slowly helped me put on a hoodie that looked a lot larger than what I usually wear. "It's been in the car for a couple of days, I think, but at least no puke on it." Lukas joked and I couldn't help but chuckle.

He made sure to zip the hoodie all the way up, but it still looked way too big on me. Either I'm smaller than I thought, or his muscles are bigger than I imagined. I felt my knees weak, but I could have walked, yet Lukas took no chances. He literally picked me up bridal style and walked into the ER. I felt embarrassed, so I hid my face behind his neck.

"She fell in the bathtub," I heard Lukas tell the lady at the front desk, "it's mostly her shoulder but she doesn't remember whether she hit her head. She passed out from the pain earlier and just a moment ago she threw up. You should do an MRI and a CT just in case."

When I turned to the desk, I saw the nurse give my roommate a tired look as she scoffed: "Too much time spent on WebMD, darling?"

Lukas shot her a glare. "She is dizzy, nauseous and fatigued. She literally passed out. If that's not a concussion, I don't know what is."

The nurse rolled her eyes, pushing a form towards us. "You can start by putting her down and filling this." She said in a condescending tone. "She can still walk, right?"

Not wanting things to escalate for no reason, I wiggled out of his grip and managed to place my feet on the floor. At first, I could barely stand, my sight was blurry, but in the end I managed. I forced Lukas to walk away from the desk, and we sat down on a pair of empty seats nearby. The shoulder was driving me crazy, I felt like throwing up again and the headache kept on getting stronger, but I forced myself to repress the pain.