35. Doctor's orders

I'm probably going to need to re-edit this, it's getting longer than the old version lol at least in terms of number of chapters

I hope you're not getting bored 😖

🔥🔥🔥

"There has to be a name for someone as obsessed with hooded sweaters as you are." Lukas joked as he rummaged through my wardrobe in search of clothes for me.

"Yeah, it's called being cheap." I chuckled. "Sweaters are cozy and don't cost much."

"And the hood allows you to hide your face." He sent me a side glance for a moment, then went back to the wardrobe but still murmured: "Same as turtlenecks."

"Well, weather is getting cold." I justified, not too glad that he's been picking up on my habits so quickly.

"Nah, it's not the cold. You like hiding your face, especially when you get lost in your own world." He glanced at me again. "No one's allowed in. The turtleneck, the hood, they're all just physical barriers, the real ones are higher than the Wall of China."

"Did watching The Pursuit of Happiness make you become a philosopher?" I joked, trying to change the subject or at least ease up the tension. We'd just spent a nice evening watching TV, there was no need to throw deeper conversations back into the mix, despite the movie we'd just seen. And yes, I do prefer meaningful talks, but not when they are all about him digging deeper into the most hidden sides of me.

"What can I say," he threw a pair of sweatpants and a black sweater with Linkin Park's logo on the bed, "the Psychology classes I'm taking are working."

"And you want me to be your first patient?"

Lukas walked over to me, a cheeky smile on his face. "We both know you're my most favorite case of study." He rubbed my thigh alluringly, kind of biting his bottom lip in that sexy way he knows and that works awfully well as thirst trap. "I can't use you for anatomy, might as well go with neurology."

I placed my foot right between his feet, so that it brushed his ankle, since he was crouched before me. "Let's be honest here, anatomy is out of the question only because the doctor is stubborn."

"That's right," he pinched my thigh, standing back up, "never question doctor's orders." He winked.

I barely bit back a laugh. "Is that your turn-on word?" I teased. "A lot of men want to be called daddy, you prefer Dr. Bennet?"

"You know what I prefer." Lukas claimed, rummaging through my clothes again. "You're just not ready to go there yet."

"What do you mean?" I frowned, confused.

"Maybe someday."

"Is that your expression of the week?" I mocked, though not malevolently.

"Baby, do you really think I've taught you everything I know?" Lukas laughed. "We've only just begun." He paused. "Where the hell do you keep underwear? This wardrobe is a worse mess than your desk."

"First compartment on the left. I'm organized in my own way." Before he could argue, I added: "And do I really want to know where you got all this ... experience you keep on flaunting?"

He turned to me just to show me his mischievous smirk. "If I told you, you'd get jealous."

"I don't do jealousy." I scoffed, half quoting him. "Jealousy is for wimps, and I am not."

"I didn't say you'd be jealous of her." Lukas mocked. "You'd be jealous of me and my past."

I kind of chuckled. "Are you insinuating I'm into women, I just don't know it yet? Because that's what my sister says."