CHAPTER 5

So far, all of this is going well.... check out my other story, "Percy Jackson || the Son of Artemis"
__________

The moon beams fell through the tree.

The branched and leaves blocking it giving shadows to the ground beneath.

Percy Jackson stood with newly made bow and arrows, the edge of his eyes glowing silver, the powers of future Artemis filling him up.

'Three hounds to go and one arrow left, should have made more arrows,' he thought.

He pulled on the leather spring he made from the deer hide inside Artemis's cave, the leather creaked and the arrow tipped with special wood aimed at the closet hellhound to Artemis.

"I'll give you one chance puppies," said Percy's voice, "Run."

His threat rang clear through the forest.

The hounds snarled, backing away slowly, but one didn't he jumped towards Artemis, hoping to finish the job.

'Hoping' being the key word.

Percy let loose his arrow, it pierced the hellhound through its head, disintegrating into golden dust.

Percy held the bow in his left hand, he dived of the branch and fell head first. Moments from hitting the ground he reached out with his right arm and grabbed a branch, springing through the air and landing in front of Artemis.

The other two hellhounds charged at him, hoping to gang up on him.

They were wrong, Percy spun the greek style bow and hit the closet hellhound in the jaw with one of the limb of the bow. He spun the bow around his body, and with the momentum struck the other hellhound across the head, sending it a good few feet away.

Percy turned back just in time to see the first hellhound jump at him with its jaws open.

The son of Poseidon drew his bow into the hounds mouth, and with the sharp edge of the bow, cut right through the hound's head and into it's brain, turning the monster into dust.

Percy dropped the bow down when it was inserted into the hound and just when Percy was about to pick it up on the pile of gold dust, he was knocked down to the ground by the other hellhound.

The hounds mouth snapped over Percy, trying to bite his head off.

Percy held the hound back with his left, while his right went to his pocket and brought out his pen.

He aimed it right inside the hounds open mouth and with his thumb slid open his cap, Riptide enlarged and in the process of becoming a sword, drow right threw the hellhounds head turning the monster into dust instantly.

Percy coughed out some of the dust that had gotten into his mouth. He got up, recapping Riptide and dusting the golden speaks that he had got on him from the monster kill.

Artemis was shocked, and in all honesty impressed.

She saw Percy take down two hellhounds via arrow, one with using a bow and the final with a sword.

She wanted to know why, why had he done this?

She was no one to him.

The only person who cared about her was her family, and that was because they were family.

She had a few friends, but most of them were gone now.

Artemis tried to get up, but her ribs ached, "AH!" she cried out and she fell back on her ass.

Percy snapped to Artemis, running to her.

"My lady! Are you alright."

"Did I not tell you to stop calling me my lady?" she asked smiling through her pain.