Chapter 6.

hit that vote button please .

Theo's POV.

After about 3 hours of working and trying to keep Xander off of me 🙄. It's about 12:45 and time for an hour break for all workers. I don't even know how this is helping me become a "model child" for good behavior. The only things the job is doing is tiring me from standing up all day and possibly, getting me ate like a thanksgiving plate on somebody's storage room table.😛

I walk to the mess hall and spot Kian but as I'm walking to our usual table in the middle of the mess hall, Sergeant Gatts calls me over to him

"Beraldi. Get over here." His loud obnoxious voice booms.

Get over here? Again with that authority bullshit

Get over here? Again with that authority bullshit. I'm not a fucking inferior being that can be talked to like they don't matter so I look back at him and curl my upper lip in aggression, rolling my eyes. That's for Xander, bitch.

"Beraldi, NOW!" His voice fills the large hall, my back still facing him. Kian looks at me and gives me the "Bitch you better go, like now." look.

Whatever. I'm only doing this because I don't want to mess anything up. I'm finally happy with life and I can't have that ripped from me. I turn on my heels and follow Gatts outside through the clear doors that lead to the lake. He stops outside the door and stares at me for a few seconds. Through the door I see Xander come out of the mess hall line with his lunch and his eyes connect with mine. His jaw clenched and I can tell he doesn't like the fact that I'm out here with his arch nemesis.

"I'm over here Beraldi." He snaps in my face. Did this motherfucker just put his greasy ass pig fingers in my fucking facial region? Stay calm Theo...

"Okay, what is it that you need?" I ask with a voice full of attitude. Yeah I'll comply, but I still don't like you so I'm going to give you sass. Respect is earned not given. Through the corner of my eye I see Xander tapping his foot on the mess hall floor rapidly, clenching his fist and jaws simultaneously. I can tell he wants to get up right now but for the sake of us, he can't. I catch his glance as Gatts gazes off into the distance and give him a calm down look, waving my finger "No.".