Chapter 23.

my second baby is finally finished 😩,thank you all so much for sticking with me through my mediocre chapters and small hiatus' sometimes. without you guys cabin thirty would've been nothing!

Xander's POV.

"When you get out there, sit next to your partner. We'll have a speech from Gatts and then he'll choose then he will choose this year's most improved to come up and accept their award and say a few words. Nothing too long, KEEP IT SHORT. Cabins 1-10 on the first row, Cabins 11-20 on the second, and Cabins 21-30 on the final row." Lieutenant Brown speaks as all 50 of us stand backstage in our gowns and caps. Looking official and what not. Looking around, I see Jarvis and Kian across the way coddling with each other as usual 🙄. I guess I can't be mad 'cause right now I got a handful of Theo's ass and his head is laying on my shoulder 😛.

Even though this calming position is keeping me at ease, I still feel nervous as hell. I'm about to propose to the love of my life, move all the way to Houston with him, AND open up my own art gallery. So many firsts and risks and I just don't want to fuck anything up. I can't fuck this up....

"X? Come on, the ceremony started." Theo tugs on my hand and we both walk out onto the main floor of the buildings auditorium. Looking up into the crowd I see Xavier smiling at me like a goofball while in the arms of some white lady 🤔. Who is she? I don't see my mom anywhere which is very surprising. I would think she'd be first in line to see me finally graduate. I'm kind of upset she isn't here because I wanted to confront her about keeping me from my father for as long as she did.

With the ceremony under weigh, Theo and I sat next to each other sharing little laughs here and there about how scratched up and bit Gus and Tyler are 😂. He told me about what him and Kian did last night during pillow talk.

Averting my attention back to the podium, my palms start to get sweaty as my father finishes up his spiel.
"Most importantly, the values that these young men have been taught by us over the course of their stay will guide them through the real world forever. One young man in particular has shown extraordinary growth and maturity this year and without further ado, I'd like to pass it over to our most improved, my son Xander Simms." Everyone in the audience claps and I hear a scream from the left of the auditorium and I look up to see my mother.

" Everyone in the audience claps and I hear a scream from the left of the auditorium and I look up to see my mother

She looked beautiful up there as always. But I still couldn't be fully happy with her. She waves down at me and I just simply nod my head before standing, leaning down to kiss Theo on his cheek and heading onto the stage.

Once on the stage, I hugged my father and stood at the podium with shaky breath. Everyone was looking at me and I didn't really like that. I looked out at Theo and he sent me a thumbs up and a goofy smile that made me smile. Fucking love that boy.