URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw something....... it's not too good 😲😲😳

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10/cassandra-clare-shadowhunters-lawsuitSkip to main content

"Casssandra Clare, the YA phenom best known for her Shadowhunters series, is being sued by author Sherrilyn Kenyon for "for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, false advertising, and trade dress infringement," according to a lawsuit filed in Kenyon's home state of Tennessee on Feb. 5. The author seeks compensatory damages for lost profits based on similarities between Clare's Shadowhunters series and Kenyon's own Dark Hunter series.

Kenyon alleges that Clare copied parts of her Dark Hunter series (first published in 1998), resulting in Clare's Shadowhunters series becoming too similar to Kenyon's own. The lawsuit outlines these similartities here: "Both the Dark Hunter series and the Shadowhunter series are about an elite band of warriors that must protect the human world from the unseen paranormal threat that seeks to destroy humans as they go about their daily lives. These hunters, whether 'dark' or 'shadow,' preserve the balance between good and evil, protecting humans from being consumed or enslaved."

Kenyon also takes particular issue with Clare's use of the term "shadowhunter", as Kenyon owns trademark rights to the terms "Dark-Hunter", "Dream-Hunter," and "Were-Hunter." The lawsuit alleges that these similartities here: "Both the Dark Hunter series and the Shadowhunter series are about an elite band of warriors that must protect the human world from the unseen paranormal threat that seeks to destroy humans as they go about their daily lives. These hunters, whether 'dark' or 'shadow,' preserve the balance between good and evil, protecting humans from being consumed or enslaved."

Kenyon also takes particular issue with Clare's use of the term "shadowhunter", as Kenyon owns trademark rights to the terms "Dark-Hunter", "Dream-Hunter," and "Were-Hunter." The lawsuit alleges that in 2006, Kenyon's fans alerted her to Clare's use of the term "darkhunter" in her work, which Clare subsequently removed in favor of "shadowhunters." Clare also removed "any reference to "hunter" (whether "shadow" or "dark") from the title," publishing the book in question as The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones"

😱😱😱😱 I don't think Cassandra Clare copied that other book. What about you? What do you think?

If you want more info, search
"Cassandra Clare copyright "

Comment your opinion