Chapter 24

Alex's POV

Today after work, I had plans to be with with Artemi for the rest of the day. We decided to go to Grand Lux since we've never been there. When we finished, we walked back to his place on the river walk.

"So the boys are having a New Years Eve party tomorrow and invited both of us, I was wondering if maybe you would wanna go?" Artemi asked while intertwining our hands.

"Sure, where is it?"

"At Tazers house, maybe around 5-6 o'clock. I'll pick you up at your place?"

"Sounds good to me" I nodded as we walked into his condo. I laid flat on his couch as he walked into his room to change. He came out with a laptop and sat down next to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked while he typed something in.

"You don't have any plans tonight, right?"

"No, why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well, there's something at that Navy Pier place and I was thinking we should go." He smiled. I nodded and looked at the website with him. It was something called Winter Wonderfest. I had heard of it before, I just wasn't sure what it was. Artemi went to change into some comfortable clothes as I went to put my shoes on.

When we got there, we went straight to the ticket booth to get wristbands. I could tell Artemi was so mesmerized by the bright colors and festive decorations. I'm not gonna lie, I think he was a little more excited than I was.

"Let's go on that ride first!" He shouted, pulling my arm as he speed walked over to the line.

"Don't worry, you can squeeze my hand if you need to" Artemi assured me as he kissed my forehead. I wasn't a big fan of rides, especially fast ones. Whenever Artemi and I went out to big amusement parks, I never wanted to go on rides but he always talked me into it.

When it was our turn, I followed Artemi and sat next to him while he put his arm around me, pulling me in close but of course when the ride started, Artemi put his arms up in the air and was screaming at the top of his lunges. All I could do was laugh at the faces he was making.

After the ride, I took Artemi over to the ice rink. I wasn't the best at skating, but I still enjoyed it.

I laced my skates while Artemi waited for me. I stumbled a little while getting up from the bench, but Artemi caught my hand and helped me get to the ice.

"Look at you!" Artemi exclaimed while he watched me skate beside him.

"I might be getting the hang of it" I giggled while letting go of his hand.

I skated in front of him then felt him hug me from behind. I admired this moment; being in his arms with the city lights all around us. I felt his warn lips kiss my cold cheek. His warm breath sent chills down my back. We stood there in silence as our hands did the talking.

Authors note
I've been struggling so much with this story! Anytime I would try to update it, I just didn't have any motivation. So to apologize, I am posting two chapters tonight. Even though this one is a bit short, hopefully the next one will be much better. Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️