6. Hot and Flustered.

"Okay, so you would divide the whole equation by negative one-"

"-but that's so stupid!"

"Ryder, if you don't divide the whole equation by negative one, than the x squared will stay negative."

"Why can't it just stay negative?"

"Ugh." I groan, plopping back onto my bed. The bed dips next to me and Ryder lays down, pulling me against him.

"I'm sorry I'm making you frustrated." Ryder apologizes, mumbling into my neck.

I sigh. "It's fine.  Let's just go to bed, it's like midnight."

"Meow!"

      We look up and see Munchkin sitting at the end of the bed, staring at us.  He crawls over and nuzzles in between Ryder and I. We both shift and cuddle with Munchkin in between us. I snuggle into my pillow and drift to sleep.

•••

"Pssssst."

Poke.

"Psssssssssst."

Poke. Poke.

"PSSSSSSSSSSSST!"

"WHAT?!" I shout, sitting up in bed.

      I watch as Ryder jumps back in surprise and falls to the floor. I burst into laughter.

Ryder stands up and rolls his eyes. "Haha, very funny."

"It was!" I exclaim, wiping a tear from my cheek.

Ryder just sighs. "Well, get ready. We have to be at school soon."

"Alright babe!" I chirp, getting out of bed and walking to my closet. Ryder chuckles and heads over to his room.

"Hmm... What to wear..." I mumble to myself.

"Ha! Gotcha!"

      I throw my hair into a messy bun and head out to the kitchen

      I throw my hair into a messy bun and head out to the kitchen. I find Ryder pouring a little bit of food and water in Munchkins food bowls. I smile and walk over, grabbing a granola bar.