27. Party Central.

My eyes flutter open to the beautiful tranquility of seeing snow flurries fly peacefully outside my bedroom window. It's been a couple weeks since my talk with Ryder, and we've come to the agreement of not mentioning it to anyone. We figured that weddings are extremely expensive, and we still have the two years of Ryder's tuition to pay. Although it's not what we both really want to do, it's practical.

I go to shut my eyes, but I hear someone's fist banging on my door.

I groan and shove my face under the pillow, "Ryder we talked about this! No waking me up if it's before 10 AM!" I shout.

"It's not-"

The door swings open and I see Brooke.

"-Me." Ryder finishes, grinning sheepishly.

"Brooke what the hell are you doing here at-" I look at the clock, "-7:30!"

She chuckles and shakes her head, "I forgot how lazy you were... But I was just telling you how you're going to a party later."

I snort, "Like that's happening."

Brooke snorts back, mimicking me, "It is."

"Ryder, help me out here!" I plead, giving him puppy dog eyes.

He sighs, "Look, Brooke... Hey that rhymes... But anyways, I don't think-"

Brooke glares at him and he shuts up. He coughs awkwardly and walks out of the room.

"Coward! Nice to know I can always count on you!" I shout at his retrieving back.

"Love you babe!" He yells.

I groan, "What time does it start?" I ask, no enthusiasm in my voice.

Brooke squeals and writes everything down on a post-it note before running out of my room like a mad woman. Munchkin scurries into the room and I find the post-it note stuck to his butt.

"Awe baby." I coo, picking him up and gently taking the note off him. 

I shake my head when I see Ryder waltz back into the room as if there's not a worry in the world.

"Hey babe," He says, sitting down on the bed next to me.

"Don't, 'hey babe' me," I pout.

"C'mon, it's going to be fun! I promise it'll be a night to remember."

I nod, "Fine, now get out... I have to get ready."

He salutes, "Yes ma'am!"

Once he leaves the room, I walk over to my closet and pick a comfy sweater and a sparkly skirt. Shrugging, I put the outfit on.