19. You Two Kissed?!

"Babe, Connor and Danny are waiting for you in Central Park! Get off your ass." I scold, trying to pull Ryder off the couch.

He tugs on my arm and causes me to fall onto him.

"Can't I spend my birthday with my gorgeous girlfriend?" He asks, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

I chuckle. "As tempting as that sounds, they really want to see you."

"Can't you come?"

I sigh and shake my head. "I'm sorry, babe. However, when you get back, I'll have an amazing dinner made for you... Deal?"

He huffs and gently picks me up and places me down next to him. "Fine."

      I watch as he takes his jacket and gives me a kiss on the lips before leaving the apartment. I run to the door and open it up.

"I love you!" I shout down the hallway.

Ryder turns around with a huge grin on his face. "I knew you wouldn't let me leave without saying, 'I love you.' Anyways, I love you more, Princess."

      I smile and lean against the door frame. Ryder waves and I wave back, watching him descend down the staircase. 

      Once he's out of my sight, I run inside and think over my gift idea. Smirking, I open the cabinet and pull out all the things I'll need.

Here's the game plan:

      The girls are heading over so they can help me set up everything. Once the guys get back, we can all chill and hand out gifts and what-not. Sing happy birthday, blah-blah-blah. Sorry, I'm just too excited. 

A knock on the door snaps me out of my thoughts. I smile and run over to the door. Opening it up, I see Brooke and Bailey on the other side of the door.

"Let's get this party started!" Bailey exclaims, walking in and giving me a hip bump.

Brooke chuckles and shakes her head. "So, shall we get to work?"

      I nod my head and pull them into Ryder's room.

"Okay, so at the bottom of each balloon there is going to be a card in an envelope. Just tie the card to the bottom of the balloon and place it over his bed. Okay?"

They both give me a thumbs up while I run into my room to change into something nice.

      Once I finish up my natural-looking makeup, I run out of my room and head into the kitchen, starting Ryder's favorite meal

      Once I finish up my natural-looking makeup, I run out of my room and head into the kitchen, starting Ryder's favorite meal. As I'm stirring the noodles, my phone rings next to me, causing me to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Oh hello my darling daughter! Tell that husband of yours I said happy birthday." My mom exclaims through the phone.