13. You Think I'm Beautiful?

Plop.

"Owwww." I groan, trying to stand up in the tight dress. I slip on the heels and stumble my way over to the mirror. Looking at my smokey eye, and curled hair, I grin in accomplishment. Grabbing my purse, I walk out to the living room and see Ryder sitting on the couch with Munchkin curled up next to him.

      Ryder's eyes flutter up to mine, and his eyes widen, while his jaw drops.

"So freaking beautiful..." He whispers, standing up and walking towards me.

I blush and look down. "So are you." I whisper, but my eyes widen when I realize what I said.

Ryder chuckles. "You think I'm beautiful?" He asks, taking my hand and kissing it softly.

"Well... I uh, I meant... Um... Oh my God..." I stutter, looking down. 

      A gentle finger tilts my chin up, making me look at Ryder. He smiles and plays with a strand of my hair. "It's okay, I know what you meant, sweetheart." He kisses my forehead.

      I blush even more and Ryder takes my hand, leading me to his car. 

I buckle my seat. "Where are we going?" I ask as Ryder starts the car and drives off to our destination.

"Well... I planned on this being a surprise. If I tell you, it wouldn't be much of a surprise..." Ryder explains, chuckling. 

I huff and cross my arms, however, not able to wipe the smile off my face.  We drive for about another hour and a half before Ryder starts to slow the car down.

"I'm going to need you to close your eyes." Ryder says, looking at the road.

I close my eyes. "Yes, master."

Ryder laughs and takes a sharp turn. We drive over a bumpy road.

"Ryder, what the hell is this? I'm nearly jumping out of my seat with these bumps." I ask, laughing.

"Patience, my love. Good things come to those who wait, remember?"

I snort. "Remember how the evil lady said that in Tangled? Wasn't she the one who died?" I question sassily, my eyes still closed.

"Touché..." Ryder mumbles, parking the car. I hear Ryder unbuckle his seat, and hop out of the car, shutting the door behind him.

I squirm in my seat. "Ryder? Can I open my eyes now?"

Silence.

Soon, my door opens, and a hand reaches across my waist and unbuckles my seat. The same person then guides me out of the car, and walks behind me, covering my eyes.

"Is this supposed to be considered romantic?" I ask, giggling.

"Oh yea." Ryder's deep voice whispers into my ear. I shiver, but not from the cold.

      He gently takes my hands and puts them over my eyes, as his hands snake around my waist from behind, leading the way.

"So I had this great idea.  I googled date ideas... I came across one that said to buy a plane ticket and go to your chosen place for a weekend... So, I looked up all these different places. One really stood out to me... It was this garden in Japan, by far the second most beautiful thing I've seen. Of course, you're the first. Anywho, I tried getting tickets, but they were way too expensive.  So, me being the brainiac I am, I figured... If I can't take you to the Kawachi Fugi Garden in Japan, I'd take the garden to you." Ryder explains.

      After he finished speaking, he took my hands off my eyes, and let me see the surprise. I gasp in shock. We were in a forest, and he set up all these lights everywhere, making the forest come alive.