Epilogue: A Blast Through the Past.

Walking down the long hallway of my home, I scramble as I try and pick up all of the toys, preparing for our guests to come. Landing a foot onto the wooden floor, something pierces into my skin, making me flinch in pain. I look down and see the shimmering sparkle of a charm. Reaching down, I pick it up. Shaking my head, I realize who the culprit is.

"Astrid!" I shout, peering down the long hallway.

I see a little brunette peek her head through her bedroom door.

"Yea mommy?" She squeaks.

I hold the bracelet out, letting it dangle loosely in the air. Her eyes pop out of her head in shock.

"Thank God you found it! I was looking everywhere," she squeals, running over to me and giving me a hug.

I chuckle and kiss the top of her head, "Daddy would've been furious if you had lost this, honey."

Her blue eyes look down, "I know, I'm sorry."

"It's alright. How about I hold onto this for a little while?" I suggest.

      Astrid nods her head and skips down the hallway back into her room.

       I move the cold metal around in my hand, inspecting each charm. 

A home.

• • •

      Ryder pulls me into the car, his eyes holding excitement.

"What are you doing?" I ask, chuckling.

"What kind of surprise would it be if I told you?" He questions back, shutting me up.

I shrug and look out the window, enjoying the blur of green that whips past the window, indicating we are getting farther and farther from the city.

      My eyebrows raise in curiosity, but I just shake my head knowing Ryder wouldn't give away his little scheme.

      An hour later we pull into this quaint neighborhood.

I turn to look at Ryder, my confusion shown in my eyes.

He smirks and looks over at me, "Just wait and see ," he murmurs.

When I look back out the window, I find us parked in front of this beautiful home.

"Is this a family reunion or something?"

He shakes his head, "This is our home, honey."

"You bought it?!"

He fiddles with his wedding band and smiles at me sheepishly, "I thought you'd love it."

"Believe me, I do."

I open the door and walk up the beautiful walkway. I peer up at the home, and know this is where everything will fall into place.