✶Operation Red Lace✶

HUUUGE thanks to Colettehatesyou for this awesome fan art of Jenna! Make sure to check out her Wattpad account and her art account on Instagram at hellyesart!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At the ring of the doorbell, I rushed over to the entrance of my house. As I swung the door open, there stood my favorite red-headed friend in a Pusheen onesie. As she held a giant brown bag filled with steaming hot food, she stupidly grinned at me.

"I is here," she said as she puckered her lips outward into a duck face.

"Oh and you brought food."

Chucking at the way my eyes lit up, she continued. "Oh, not just food," she commented as she made her way past me and into my house. "It's Chinese food."

"I love you," I dramatized.

"I know. I'm bae," she said as she struck a diva pose in her cat onesie.

"Dude how can you even wear that right now? You do know it's summer?"

Nodding in reply, her green eyes scanned me. "Oh, I know. But that's not why I'm here. I'm here for you. Mostly for the noodles," she said digging into the bag of Chinese food, "but also for moral support."

Playfully rolling my eyes and walking to my kitchen table, she wiggled her butt in a funny way so the tail on her onesie would swish side to side. Laughing at her, she split up the food and I tried as hard as I could to eat all of my problems away.

"Tell me everything," she said as she stuffed a forkful of noodles in her mouth.

"Well there was this guy I knew in high school....," I started.

"Mmmmhmm," she hummed as she chewed.

"And I really liked him. Like really liked him."

"Okay? And so why is that bothering you now?"

After chewing a piece of chicken, I continued. "Well he moved away. One day he told me he was leaving and that was the last time I ever saw him. He left just like that."

"That's pretty messed up."

"Right?"

"Well did you ever find out if he liked you?" She asked, her green eyes lighting up.

Shrugging, I sighed. "I don't know. He never really said anything about it, but neither did I. It's just so awkward, ya know. And then he randomly shows up today looking all manly and stuff and tells me that he's in our A&P class."

This nearly made Jenna spit out her soda. "Wait, what?!"

Nodding, she continuously blinked in confusion. "Yeah, that's exactly how I reacted. He's starting the next class we have."

"Is he a decent dude? Does he have baggage? You know, like is he a 'wannabe thug' type guy? I can't stand those kind of dudes. They're just so.....bleh."

As a chuckle escaped my lips, I couldn't help but agree with her. "Yeah, I agree with you on that. But no. He's sweet and outgoing and he's the most amazing person ever....but he didn't come back for me. It's been a good few years since I've seen him."

Jenna's eyebrows furrowed together as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Wait, he's here now and obviously went out of his way to talk to you and you're saying that he didn't come back for you?"

"Well...he came to visit one of his friends. But then he saw me hanging with his friend."

"Sounds like they set it up to me," she said as a smirk played on her plump lips.

"He's not that detailed," I giggled. "But I just don't know what to do. Like how am I going to deal with all of this pent up emotion? How am I even going to face him?"

As a smirk played on her lips, my heart began to rapidly beat inside my chest. What was she planning?

"I don't think he's the problem you need to face Laney. You really just need to face the fear of talking to him."

"Jenna, but this dude was a twig the last time I saw him! I could literally wrap both arms around his waist! Now he's like all muscular and-"

"And hot?"

Blushing, she chuckled at me. "Well my friend, I could help you a little bit but you might not be up for the challenge."

"I'm terrified already."

"Well, you want to catch his eye right? Well I can sum up our next stop of the day in three words."

Bracing myself, my entire body tensed up.

Smirking, she said three words- two of them which were never used in my vocabulary. "Operation red lace."

Blushing, I furiously shook my head but this didn't seem to phase Jenna at all. She was going to drag me to Victoria's Secret.

© Lightning_Stryker 2016