✶Forever✶

He looked out my window as the moonlight shone upon his angelic face. "I'm terrified," he whispered into the abyss of the night.

"Why?"

He put a hand through his hand- an obvious sign of stress. "I don't want to hurt people because I want to be me."

"Because you want your God-given right to love?" I asked as I snuggled under my blanket. He took a seat on the corner of my bed and sighed.

"I've disappointed so many people," he said as he put his hands in his face. "The Council, my parents, Belle...."

A pang of jealousy rose in me. "What was her problem anyway? Who is she to you?"

"She's a good friend of mine. We grew up together. The Council sent her down here to keep an eye on me."

"But she's obviously emotionally unstable. And for some reason I can't help but feel like she actually has feelings for you. She can't get in trouble for that?"

Shaking his head, he sighed. " I should've expected her to act this way. I always thought she was quite fond of me. I just didn't think it was possible for her to actually like me. But she can't get in trouble if she never acted upon it or told me upfront."

I sighed. "I don't mean to be the jealous type but do you think-"

He shook his head, "Nope. I see her as a sister and a sister only."

"Good," I smiled.

And he laid beside me and kissed my forehead. Then he pressed his peppermint lips against mine and time itself paused. He then snuggled under the blanket beside me and our bodies shared a tender warmth as we drifted off to sleep. I loved this boy. Regardless of what was going to try to tear us apart, I knew that as of now he was mine. Forever.

END OF BOOK 2

© Lightning_Stryker 2016