✶Spell Breaker ✶

"I've just been banned."

Stopping in my tracks and confusedly blinking at him, I waited for an answer. His jaw tensed up and complete seriousness morphed his face into an expression I had never seen on him before. "I've been banned," he whispered in defeat.

"Banned?" I asked. Nodding in response, he squeezed his eyes tight. "Banned from what?"

Taking a deep breath in, he sighed. Looking me directly in the eye, he replied, "From Neverland. I can't go back."

"What?"

I don't know if it was the tiredness, the adrenaline pulsing through my veins, or how horrible I felt for putting him in this predicament but my body began to shake.

Trying to form words, he shook his head and sighed.

"I can't go back," he whispered.

"But why?"

Looking dead at me, he pursed his lips in seriousness. "Because, Laney. I'm in love with you. Can't you see?" He confessed in frustration.

As emotion overtook my being, tears formed within my eyes. Was I just hallucinating or did he really just confess this?

"I was in love with you from the moment I first laid eyes on you. When you were sitting alone in the back of the math class, I just took in your silhouette and my soul felt as though it took flight. It was something crazy, an amazing rush of adrenaline. Laney, I really wanted to tell you how I felt but then this all would've happened even sooner," he said as he sighed.

Resting my hand on his shoulder, he looked down in shame. "I grew up. And Peter Pan is not supposed to grow up."

"But you physically grew up? I mean, this all wasn't here the last time I saw you," I said as I pointed to his bulging bicep.

"Yeah, I age until I'm eighteen and then I stop. Well, I did stop a few months back. But now that I'm stuck on Earth, I'll age just like everyone else."

"How fair is it that you're penalized because they decided to make your age cut off during puberty?"

A blush took over his face as he nonchalantly shrugged. "I thought it was highly unrealistic to think that I wouldn't fall for someone, but whatever. Rules are rules."

My goodness, I don't know if it was how tired I was or how the moonlight shone upon him but he looked so attractive underneath the moonlight. He was literally irresistible and it was taking all of my willpower to not kiss him again.

"So what now?"

He sighed. " I have no idea. I don't know if I'm stuck here or if I will somehow go back to be punished but I'm absolutely terrified. I messed up."

And then he noticed my expression. "No, no. It's not you. It's just-" and then he kissed my forehead. "This is a blessing in disguise. I'm actually happy you broke the spell. Now I can be who I want to be without having to worry about breaking rules."

"So true love's first kiss is real?"

Nodding, he chuckled. "In this instance, yup. But since I'm now stuck here, I might as well make use of my freedom."

And then he pinned me against a tree and brushed his soft lips against mine. Clasping my arms around his neck, I pulled him closer to my body. His kisses became more forceful and as his hand travelled down my back, my skin tingled in delight. This was perfect, absolutely perfect. And to know that he felt the same way was the most perfect thing of all.

© Lightning_Stryker 2016