Chapter One-Part Two

She closed the cap of her lipstick and placed it back into her pocket, her worry for that poor woman intensifying after each passing second

   She closed the cap of her lipstick and placed it back into her pocket, her worry for that poor woman intensifying after each passing second. They were halfway there to the auditorium. Now was the perfect time to make a choice.

   No, she cannot throw away her dignity anymore. Enough damage had been done already, and she didn't want to cower anymore. It was time to own up to her mistakes.

   "Sunbae...take me down."

   Instantly, Dr Song turned around. "Mwo? Jigeum? What about the orientation?" Dr Song asked, his face filled with shock and curiosity.

   "Just take me down, or drop me somewhere. I've got things to handle...." Dr Kang spoke, her tone sounded serious to Dr Song. She had that distraught look on her face.

   "What do you mean? Do you know how important this is to you? Do you want to drop the chance of a promotion?" He reminded Dr Kang, giving her a questionable look at the same time.

   "I really can't go right now, sunbae! Can you stop the lift now? This is really, really important!" Dr Kang insisted.

   Dr Song was at a total lost. He's stuck in deciding whether to adhere to his hoobae's rather insistent demand or to follow the Director's orders and save his skin. However, he had known Dr Kang long enough that she would always put trivial matters over herself first.

    Dr Song couldn't help but wonder, but whatever the case was, it looked rather important to Dr Kang. He sighed, and thought for a moment. Finally, he made his choice, and pressed the button of the lift that would take them back to the ground floor.

   "Kamsahamnida, sunbae." She expressed.

   Dr Song gave her an indecipherable look. "I just did you a favour, but my life will be at stake. You've got a lot to repay me later."

   Dr Kang knew what he was talking about. "Mianhaeyo, sunbae, for causing you trouble. I promise I will repay you. A date with Nurse Ha, perhaps?"

   A date?! With Ha Ja Ae?! Jinjja?! Omo!

   Dr Song, internally, began jumping in joy like a ten-year-old. Externally, he tried to look unconvinced. "Are you serious, Kang-sonsaeng? You're not joking, right?"

   "Ne, sunbae. I'm not joking at all. Tell me what day you're free, and I'll set it up for you." Dr Kang avowed.

   "With flowers?"

   "With flowers."

   "Great! Set it up for me then!" He exclaimed elatedly, pointing a finger at her.