Chapter Six-Part Two

"(우리는 주는 사랑 때문에 상처받지 않는다. 기대하는 사랑 때문에 상처받지요.) "

"We are never wounded by the love we give, only by the love we expect."

(Korean Quote)

   Time passed by really fast in Uruk. In a blink of an eye, a month had passed since Mo Yeon and her team arrived in Uruk. A lot of things happened during that one month, with the team busy trying to deal with the virus. It was frustrating for them to find out that most of their experiments had failed tremendously, and Mo Yeon was getting anxious.

   That was not her only problem though. There were problems with logistics as well. According to Dr Athena, who had direct links with the UN and thus able to require some foreign aid in terms of medical supplies, the UN trucks were constantly ambushed along the way, resulting in serious delay. To make matters worse, the frequency of these ambushes were increasing at a worrying rate, prompting the UN to decrease its shipment to reduce further losses. The news was not welcoming to Mo Yeon and her team, and the they were running out of options.

   The matter had already reached the attention of the UN chain of command a long time ago, but somehow, those perpetrators managed to pass through the tight border security controlled by the UN forces. Mo Yeon, a few times, shared her worries with Si Jin and wondered if the Major could do anything. However, Si Jin, with his mission locking him up in the crossroads, could not get involved in the matter at all. That upsetted Mo Yeon, who wished that her boyfriend could at least do something about it.

   As for his mission, Si Jin's Chinese colleague travelled to Kyrstova, and had already established communication lines to the headquarters in their hideout. Silent observations revealed that the town was bristtled with heavy rebel activity, with Sun Yang's trusted few frequently stopping by at a local restaurant. Drug trade and weapons sales were the main source of business in the town. However, there was no sign of Sun Yang.

   They knew that Sun Yang preferred to jump places, so it was less likely that he would appear at the same place. The reports from Dae Young's mission in Beijing however revealed a different story.

   Sun Yang travelled like a cockroach—silent in the day, but moving at night. It was getting harder for Si Jin and his team to try to track him down, for the links were disappearing slowly. Si Jin, like Mo Yeon, was getting very desperate as well.

   Meanwhile, Dae Young and Myeong Joo along with their team ended their military training with mixed results. The team discovered their strenghts and weaknesses, and would strive to improve themselves and also the system of the Special Forces. However, Dae Young maintained a silent cooperation with his Chinese counterparts, and two weeks after the training ended, Lieutenant General Yoon deployed Alpha Team to Beijing, under the pretext that Alpha Team was needed to recon the 38th Parallel. Dae Young reluctantly had to leave Myeong Joo in the dark again as he packed and leave for his mission, but he knew that he had to do it. A deal was made between the General and Dae Young, that if Dae Young were to never return from his mission, the General waa to tell Myeong Joo that Dae Young was killed by a North Korean sniper, and that he was sorry for not being able to come back to her. On the day where he was supposed to leave, Dae Young left his identification tag on her table secretly.

   Si Jin maintained close contact with each other, sharing information that would be vital in catching Sun Yang. A deal was made between them that if they were to be able to find Sun Yang first, the first thing they needed to do was to sneak Sun Yang out before the Chinese knew it.