Chapter Two-Part Two

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

(Lao Tzu)

  Brilliant gold and orange hues bled like fire in the east over the rivers and beyond the city

  Brilliant gold and orange hues bled like fire in the east over the rivers and beyond the city. The first slither of the sun peeked over the skyline in a radiant, white form. Gradually it raised, a defined circle in a vibrant backdrop. The rivers were liquid gold and silver, leaving the city of Seoul dull in comparison.

   It was a start of a brand new day for the people dwelling within the city blocks of the city, or rather, a continuation of the long, dreadful day of yesterday. Whatever the day has in store for them, they wouldn't know. They woke up with uncertainty filling their minds nevertheless.

   At least Mo Yeon won't have to wake up so early. To her, Wednesday is one of the best days in the week after Saturday, for it was the day where she could show off her beauty to the audiences on live television. Yes, Dr Kang still appeared on television for her health show, and the show became so popular that the TV station decided to extend her contract for another season. Now, the health show was in its third season and still going strong. Her natural beauty and smooth complexion, added with her alluring smile, was one of the main reasons for the rise of the show's popularity, and herself too.

   However, even a popular TV personality like her needed a good breakfast meal to start her day. What made her breakfast even more special was the fact that her boyfriend made it for her.

   No words could describe her emotions the moment she saw Yoo Si Jin, the boyish namchin with an attitude, showing off his culinary skills equivalent to that of a chef in her kitchen, his back facing her. He was wearing her pink apron-the one that her eomma had given to her but never got the chance to try it on herself, and it really suited him well. It was a total opposite of what she perceived of him-a witty, funny, comical yet loving and caring boyfriend. Culinary skills was definitely not what she had in mind, and what she saw today really changed her perception about him. She didn't expect that he would be so, so caring that he would go to the extent of cooking for her.

   What a perfect candidate for a husband. For sure she's going to live an absolutely comfortable life with him. Her eomma would have been proud to have such a nice and responsible son-in-law.

   She blushed at the thought of that. For sure she would be happy with him, definitely. After all, they are a perfect couple-an odd but perfect couple. Silently, she tiptoed towards her man who was still cooking in the kitchen. The sound of frying masked her steps and she proceeded towards him like a ninja with ease, her hands placed behind her back.

   Once she was close, she wrapped her arms around his waist as he prepared the meal. His body reacted with a slight squirm when she did that, but he relaxed moments later and let out a slight giggle. "You're are awake." He spoke.