Chapter Two-Part Three

"The best thing to hold on to in life is each other."

(Audrey Hepburn)

   Si Jin watched backstage the filming of the new episode of the popular health show with an awestruck smile marked on his face. It was the first time in his life that he saw how a television programme was made behind the scenes, and instantly his respect for the production crew-or the unsung heroes, grew. Now he knew that their work was just as hard as it was in the military.

   However, nothing could split his undivided attention to his girlfriend, dressed in a formal sky blue blouse and white knee-length skirt and sitting at a corner of the stage. The hostess conducted the show rather efficiently and the invited guests delivered some humour into the show, making it lively, but it was obvious that the star of the day was not the invited guests but the beautiful doctor herself. Mo Yeon presented herself really well on stage, as if she was a star diva. Although Si Jin himself might not know what sort of medical diagnosis she was talking about, it didn't bothered him because her aura of confidence and her maturity on stage, added with the elegant and radiant smile on her beautiful face overruled everything else.

   No wonder she had a lot of fanboys these days. Her beauty was absolutely undeniable. He had to admit it, that once she got on stage, Mo Yeon became a completely different woman, and he instantly fell under her spell again.

   Women are a force to reckon with, and he was lucky to have a strong one by his side. Where in the world can he find such a strong, confident woman like her?

   Nowhere else...

   It was clear in his mind-nowhere else. Nothing can replace this woman. No dollar, no matter how much value it was, could buy that beauty. Ask a sculpturist. For sure they will deny the daunting task of making the similar feature. The only one who could make that kind of beauty was none other than God himself, and Si Jin was proud to call that beautiful creation of God his own.

   It's been more than an hour since the show began and finally the episode for today had reached its end. The audiences gave a big round of applause as the stage lights dimmed, marking the end of the show. Si Jin unknowingly found himself clapping as well.

*****

   Mo Yeon saw him standing at the very far left corner of the stage and smiled at him. She began to walk towards him, but halfway across the stage, one of the guests stopped her.

   He was none other than the son of a famous tycoon in Korea, about forty years of age.  He gained fame not because he inherited his father's business. It was due to the fact that he had build up his very own empire by producing sports gears for national athletes. He had a reputation of being a strict and demanding person-and he's a great womaniser as well.

   News about him fraternising with women were a hot topic in the tabloids. That made her wonder why he was invited as the guest of the show in the first place. However, that was not her choice to make, for it was the production team that decided to bring him in.

   He had great looks, she had to admit, but her experience with the hospital Director, which was an ugly one, taught her to never fall for someone's materialistic value so easily.

   Unfortunately for today, she became his target. During the entire filming she realised that his eyes were locked on her the entire time, as if imploring her to acknowledge his presence. She felt uneasy at first, but she tried not to make it too obvious.

   "Excuse me, Dr Kang, but I don't think we have met before." He said seductively, his black eyes that were filled with none other than eternal lust transfixed on her.