Chapter 1 ~ A new house

I answered on some comments in my A/N

Chapter 1 ~ A new house

~Zayn's POV~

Finally I had emptied the last box. With a sigh of relief I let myself fall down on the couch.

I had just moved here today. The removal van had picked up all my stuff from the airport this morning, then brought it to my new house. A house I picked out myself and love already.

You see, my name is Zayn Malik. I'm 18 years old since a week and finally free off my parents. Not that I don't love them, they just don't give me enough privacy. And I always dreamed of moving abroad and meeting a nice boy I want to marry someday. 

Yes, I am gay, but who cares. 

I couldn't be more happy when my parents told me the news I could go and live in another country alone when I would be 18. I could pick a nice house in any country I wanted and my parents would help me pay for it. I knew all along I wanted to go to Ireland, so no wonder I found my dream house there. 

It's an old cottage in the middle between two towns. It has a bit of meadow around it before the grass changes into lovely woods. 

The lady who sold me the house said that the house was empty for 80 years. She didn't know why and it even surprised me that this wonderful cottage is all mine now. I didn't hesitate to sign the contract. It really is my dream house.

Now, after I finally decorated the whole house to my affiliations, I'm resting a bit on the couch. The silence is wonderful. No one spying on me. Just me and... me. 

I'm staring at the old wooden sealing. My eyes travel along the cracks into the thick beams. It's like they're telling me a story. The way the cracks go, they look like deep cuts through the strong wood, destroying it wi... 

Bang!

That's what brings me back from my thoughts. It sounded like something fell upstairs. Are they breaking into my house already?

Quickly I get up from my comfortable place on the cough and run upstairs. I'm not afraid of anyone. 

The room the sound came from is the one I go into. 

"Who's there?" I ask, looking into the room I designed as my painting room. Random stuff is standing everywhere, but I don't see anyone. 

Finally my eyes fall onto a painting of mine laying flat on the floor. That must have been the thing that made the loud sound, plus, the window is open, so the wind could have blown it over. I smile at my earlier thoughts of being robbed already and walk over to pick the painting up. Just as I bend down, I see a movement from the corner of my eye. 

In a second I'm standing up again, watching the place where I saw something, but nothing is there. Was it me imagening that? It can't be. 

My head snaps to the right side when a scratching sound reaches my ears. So something is in here.

Careful not to make any noise I walk closer. I don't want to scare what ever it is away. 

The noise came from behind the box with the painting stuff. When I'm almost there I stretch my neck to see what's behind it.

I never expected to find a cute white and black cat there. 

A chuckle leaves my mouth and the cat looks up at me with giant blue eyes. 

"Hello, kitty." I say and walk around the box. Then I crouch down in front of the cat and extend my hand to let it sniff me. 

Curiously the cat comes closer and sniffs my hand, a moment later, pushing his head in my hand and purring loudly. I guess the cat likes me.