Chapter 6 ~ The ... cat?

~Zayn's POV~

I didn't go back to sleep after what happened this night. 

I sat up in bed the whole night, lights on and eyes wide for any danger coming to me.

Danger as in Niall.

This time he really did scare the shit out of me and I actually don't longer want to stay here. 

But I can't give up.

The stronger part of me is telling me to stay here and not let Niall win. There has to be a reason why he acts like that and I'm gonna find out.

Plus, I still didn't had a descent conversation with him. He had frozen when I had spoken his name, then disappeared.

I guess he didn't expect that I know his name, but that one second when he was frozen was enough to let me know that all the scaring he's doing is just an act. I bet he's a lovely boy under the facade. 

It's now almost noon and I'm preparing some food for myself. I haven't seen Niall yet and the sunlight shinning through the windows is reassuring me. 

The sound of my phone ringing makes me look up from the pans. I pick up the device and hold it against my ear.

"Hello?" 

"Zayn? Is that you? Are you okay?" I hear a deep, raspy voice ask me.

"Yes, Harry. I am." I say. "Why are you asking?" 

He sighs. "Well, Louis wanted me to call you and ask. He's really worried after what happened yesterday."

"Yeah, I understand. How is he? And you?" 

"He's still scared. He's not letting me go for a single second. He's actually clutching my arm right now." 

I chuckle, but know how scared Louis really must be. I'm just glad Harry didn't see anything like that happening. 

"I'm glad he's fine." I hear Louis' voice through the phone on the background. "Did anything else happen? Ask him, Hazza." 

"Louis wants to know if anything else happened." Harry asks me two seconds later.

"Well, yes." Then I hear a lot of rustling and an "AU!" from Harry before I hear Louis voice in my ear.

"What did he do? Are you hurt!" He screams, making me hold the phone away from my ear until he's done yelling.

"Calm down, Lou. I told you I am fine." I secure him before then telling the both of them what happened.

"Man, that's sick." I hear Harry comment on my story. 

"Sick? Why are you still there, Zayn. He wants to hurt you." I hear Louis say worried.

"I'm still here 'cause I have nowhere else to go..." Louis immediately buts in.

"You can stay with us! We have a guest room."

"No thanks, mate. I don't need to hear how you two are... Yeah. No thanks." I say, hoping they'll get the message. And Harry does, because I hear him chuckle.

"He's right, Lou. He shouldn't sleep here." 

Then I hear a slap sound and another "Au!" From Harry.

"Besides, I don't want to let him win." I explain. "I wanna learn to know him. Find out why is so... rude."

"You're not serious... You really wanna stay in that horror house?" Louis says in disbelieve and I answer a short yes.