Chapter 12 ~ The surprise

~Niall's POV~

From the moment I had the plan formed in my head, I knew it would be a good idea.  

I will make him dinner for when he comes home from the park, but what do I make?

The thought that the idea could have been a bit romantic didn't even cross my mind when I walk through walks to the kitchen.

I open the fridge and start thinking. There's some chicken there, I know the potatoes are in the garage and I think I also see a bit of salad in the far back of the fridge.

I smile. It's not much, but it's something. I'm sure Zayn will be happy with that, plus, it's a beautiful start for our friendship.

I quickly grab the ingredients out of the fridge and lay them on the counter, then I go to the garage to take some potatoes. I'm lucky the food is only for Zayn, since I don't eat anymore.

Well, I don't know if I can eat. I guess I could if I wanted to, but I don't feel hunger anymore. I don't use the toilet anymore either and I don't need sleep.

I miss human life in some ways. My parents of course. The simple things in life. Some times I even miss the trust in humans I used to have.

I can't think about those things, I can't focus on the past. I have to focus on the present and becoming Zayn's friend.

I put the potatoes on the counter before I search a knife in one of the many cupboards. Eventually I find one and start peeling them.

Man, this is hard. It's been such a long time since I Iast tried to cook. I wasn't even good.

"I see you are considering my plan." I hear Liam's voice from the door and when I look up, he's smiling at me while leaning against the door.

"What plan?" I ask when I focus back on the potato and knife in my hands. I haven't cut my finger, so applause for me.

"About being friends with Zayn. I don't think the food you are preparing is for you, am I right?" I can see the smirk on his face.

"Yes, it's for Zayn. And don't be so full of yourself, I'm not doing this for you!" I say, making sure he got that.

"Of course not. I'm just glad you finally saw you're better of as friends." Liam says and smiles as he sits on a chair at the kitchen table.

His hands reach out for the salad as he starts to clean it.

"Yeah, I guess so, and as I over-think it, he didn't do anything wrong. He's a good lad." A small smile plays around my mouth when I think about the times I spied upon Zayn. He didn't know I was watching.

I blush when I think back about the kiss we shared. 

"What's the blush for?" Liam asks and when I look at him, I see he's watching me with a smile and an eyebrow raised.

"Nothing." I answer a bit too quickly.

"So, there is something!" Liam cheers and smiles wider. "Tell me." He commands and I shake my head.

"Nah." I say and go on with peeling. I'm almost done.

"Tell me, Niall, or I'll have to force it out you." I can hear the smile in his voice.

"No, I'm not telling you." I say and smirk. It's not like he can do anything, I'm already dead.

I didn't hear the chair move nor Liam's footsteps coming closer, so I jump in fright when I suddenly feel two hands on my sides.